air conditioning brain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok heres my problem i have the push button air conditioning on my truck...99% of the time it only wants to blow on the window, the defroster holes, i used to be able to get it to come out of the main vents but it would switch to the window whenever i accelerated. now its stuck on window... my rear ac works good though

offroadexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You more than likely have a vacum problem. I had the same issues with auto climate in an 03'supercrew I had, everyone that checked it out said that was the prob but no one, not even me was able to trace out just where the prob was......
One of those problems you pull your hair out over

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn't sound like a fun one... I thought I had an issue like that but figured out it was because the engine was not running... Maybe there's something to that?... Not that your motor isn't running but something in a switch somewhere that only allows defrost vents to open when motors not running (even though your engine 'is' running)... Just a thought...

On the other hand, I wonder if a capfull of seafoam down the panel vents would work? :rotflmao:

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ill have to try the seafoam...seafoam fixes everythink...kinda like liquid ductape:grd: hahaha. but no really its bugging me my parents mountaineer has the same ac control as us and theres has the same problem my brother thought he read somewhere that it was the control panel itself but i cant find anything on it

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya thats it... why cant i find any threads on this im lookin on here the other forum and explorerforum.com. there truck is from here mines from tn and had the problem too so it shouldnt be a dry rotted vac line or somethin which is more of a common problem in the southwest. everything out here dry rotts everything back east rusts... two different environments and they have the same damn problem. this is already buggin me i have been lookin and no luck so far... i know im not the only one with this problem

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok it started workin but i dont think it was anything i have done...it resorted back to its original attitude. it will come out of the vents untill wot then goes to the defroster? i dont have a clue but i do got matches around here somewhere:flamingdevil:

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks still makes me wanna start a fire under my truck...i have been checkin vacuum lines and aaarrrrggghhhhh nothing so far