air conditioning brain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Something that makes finding vacuum leaks easier is simply using a slight pressure on the vacuum line (only 1 psi or so via a pressure regulator) and then using a soap bubble/water solution, you can spray every connection or point that is suspected and then see where you find bubbles. Bubbles indicates a leak. If you see the water get moved away, then you obviously have a fairly significant leak. But, based on what you are describing, you have something that isn't too bad else you would be tossing the CEL for a vacuum leak.

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i asked my mechanic buddy and he said maybe brain going out he rode in truck tonight and it was erratic it kept going from vent to defroster and back again. he said he has replaced around 20 in the last few months on lots of different fords, same control unit though

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
look under the battery box for the leak the acid likes the vacuume hoses
also see if the round vacuume ball is broken or cracked

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok now im lost the eatc did not come apart like the link said i was hoping it would atleast kinda work the same the solenoids are molded on no screws etc to remove. and yes i tore that truck apart looing at all vac lines