Bluecruise update response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayfun

Reaction score
I went to Ford.com, logged into their support page, and requested a chat session to inquire when I could expect an update to Bluecruise. Below is the response I received. I'm still not holding my breath that it will happen.

I found the following: The timeline of delivery for specific software updates is not available. Make sure to have Automatic Updates and a daily schedule set on your vehicle to ensure updates are downloaded to the vehicle as soon as they are available.
The timeline of delivery for specific software updates is not available. Make sure to have Automatic Updates and a daily schedule set on your vehicle to ensure updates are downloaded to the vehicle as soon as they are available.
Every model year is unique and requires a different software package. We are taking this roll-out model year by model year to ensure a successful roll-out.

Bot WC said: Why is the roll-out taking so long? It is a large software package and the final step to enable BlueCruise 1.3 is starting to roll out first to model year 2022 Mustang Mach-E customers. To prepare for the update, if you haven't already, we recommend making sure you confirm that: Automatic updates are turned on. Set a recurring schedule for a time that your vehicle is typically parked, like overnight.

TA
Bot WC said:

Why is the roll-out taking so long? It is a large software package and the final step to enable BlueCruise 1.3 is starting to roll out first to model year 2022 Mustang Mach-E customers.
To prepare for the update, if you haven't already, we recommend making sure you confirm that:
Automatic updates are turned on.
Set a recurring schedule for a time that your vehicle is typically parked, like overnight.

Bot WC said: Please be on the lookout for the software updated labeled as IPM-24.204.8.27.

TA
Bot WC said:

Please be on the lookout for the software updated labeled as IPM-24.204.8.27.

rugedraw

Reaction score
IPMA-24.204.8.27 is the update being sent out to 2022-2023 Mach E's to enable BC 1.3. The 2021 Mach E owners are now showing an IPMA update in FDRS, but it has not been sent OTA to them just yet. However, the roll-out of the update has not been very smooth. I think it may still be a while before Ford pushes it out to other platforms.

With the right software, Many F150's, Lightnings and Mach E's have been able to enable the new BC features with FORScan. If any brave soul here has fully updated their truck with FDRS and has the ACJ or BAE IPMA strategy and wants to see if the FORScan changes needed for the new features to function will work on your trucks, too, let me know.

rugedraw

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the new features are (or are supposed to be)?

Lane change assist, in-lane repositioning and predictive speed assist while taking turns on BC. I've had the new features on my 2021 for longer than I can remember at this point.

1705677048082.png

GregTu

Reaction score
I’m assuming this is a ‘21 Platinum?

We have a ‘24 Platinum (not Max) since the first of October. No updates at all. These features would finally make BC worth the price.

rugedraw

Reaction score
I’m assuming this is a ‘21 Platinum?

We have a ‘24 Platinum (not Max) since the first of October. No updates at all. These features would finally make BC worth the price.

It is a 2021 Platinum, but an F150. The architecture of the module network is very similar though, which is why I think it can also be done with the Expo's. The few VIN's I have checked of 2024's shipped with the latest IPMA software in it which means the new features can be activated with FORScan. I don't have one of these trucks to tinker with it. If you have FORScan and aren't afraid of experimenting, we can try to enable it.