borla universal hot rod kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sul62

Reaction score
Hi guys i wanted to know if anyone has modified they expy with this http://borla.com/products/product_multi_detail.aspx?cat=2&type=42 ? What do you think? in terms of performance and sound. I emailed Borla but they said there not sure how it would sound as couldnt find any search results on google.

Its either i get this or the mangaflow. but again not sure about the sound.

any info would be much appreciated.

S

SgtKilroy

Looks like a well built kit. Should flow nicely. I don't imagine it will sound too much different from any other dual exhaust out there. Honestly if you can find another stock exhaust from the y pipe back, it'd be pretty easy to just cut the y pipe and run both exhausts right beside each other as true duals with glasspacks (around $15 a piece).

E92_Expo

Reaction score
$851 ??? Are you effing kidding me? And for a universal kit? Looks like Borla is successfully taking advantage of unimformed modifiers. Dude, just get you a stainless Magnaflow muffler or two and some tips. Then take it to a reputable exhaust shop. You will save about $650 if parts alone.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with E92. Take it to a good exhaust shop and you will save some money. Mine was $230 for straight pipe and and dual with 18" long 3.5" stainless tips. It would have been another 50 for a Magnaflow muffler. And by having the shop do it, they will make it look exactly how you want, and IMO, those tips won't look as good as longer tips on an Expy, and I got 1 year free replacement with the installation.

Hope this helps,
Zerick

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i want to true dual my system. but im happy with my bullet muffler right now. loud and sets off car alarms with no tip! cant beat that. ive seen loud exhausts with tips and they cant set off alarms. i like my schools parking structure. so funn to do it there. haha but thats also a lot for that system. just go to a good shop and they can do it for cheaper. with what ever you want. and i dont know why people get stainless. its underneath. no ones going to see it... well unless your walnuts. 11" of lift i think you need stainless to look good. haha

OP
OP
S

sul62

Reaction score
the problem is the guys here in the middle east dont have a clue. im getting my parts shipped from US, the only issue is shipping costs a B---, I dont trust most mechanics here. Recently i had a problem with the transmission, took it to a few well know places and they said it was ok, i then decided to take it to a US based company here and found out i needed a overhaul,

Im now thinking to get a magnaflow. waiting on ipcw smoked tail lights will post pics soon.

btw has anyone heard of arnott suspensions? look for the high performance ones, im planning on getting these but wasnt sure if im getting bumped or not.

link: http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_FORD_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid1_pid117.html

Rook27

Reaction score
Not sure if it will help or not, just my 2 cents worth. I had a 98 mustang gt with a magnaflow cat back (replaced the stock H pipe with one that had cats removed, so a little louder) but as far as the mustangs go, magnaflow sounded pretty close to the borla (depending on the series I suppose) and Ive heard others opinions saying they also believe that magnaflow is pretty much the same sound as borla, just less expensive. I've also heard magnaflow on the 5.4 and it sounded mean as $hit, but that was also on a lighting. Anyway, like I said, just my 2 cents.

fincsher

Reaction score
Hi guys i wanted to know if anyone has modified they expy with this http://borla.com/products/product_multi_detail.aspx?cat=2&type=42 ? What do you think? in terms of performance and sound. I emailed Borla but they said there not sure how it would sound as couldnt find any search results on google.

Its either i get this or the mangaflow. but again not sure about the sound.

any info would be much appreciated.

Good product as well as my trusted brand. :D