Direct Fit-Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes - former military. I have the street scene hitch cover also (or a knock off, came with the expy) but leave the hitch in all of the time now. I may gor for that replacement light one - just trying to remember how far up I extended my cables and how much of a PIA it will be to get back to the wiring. I spent probably 45 minutes just bending the tailgate panel clamps back so I could use them again. thanks, Mike

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes - former military. I have the street scene hitch cover also (or a knock off, came with the expy) but leave the hitch in all of the time now. I may gor for that replacement light one - just trying to remember how far up I extended my cables and how much of a PIA it will be to get back to the wiring. I spent probably 45 minutes just bending the tailgate panel clamps back so I could use them again. thanks, Mike

I figured ex mil me too, and that back piece sucks to take off I had to remove it and vacuum broken glass out of the tailgate (long story) then you would have to run the wire thru the hole at the top then back to the deck too much work if you ask me

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats strange about the tailgate panel. I didnt have any trouble with it, 2 screws from the hand pull and then yank and it came off with a slight push up (away from the top of the panel)
The most tiem consuming part I had was fishing the wire throught the gromets between the tailgate and back of the truck. Start to finish I was just over an hour, cause I did it on my lunch break lol

OP
OP
R

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
quick update, camera came in and WOW, this thing is pretty awesome! Looking at the camera and the light bulb assembly, this thing is definitely a direct fit.

Here are some pics of the camera and side by side comparison with the license plate light bulb cover:

IMG_0677-1.jpg

IMG_0678-1.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

My dog managed to grab the license plate bulb cover from our counter top and chewed it up a little ha.

Definitely a nice construction and quality camera with an OEM look and built in gridlines. I'll take some pics once it's installed, but this thing is so small and sleek! I love it.

Last edited:

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn dude looks like u struck gold! It looks good

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk