Direct Fit-Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you installed this yet? Pics? I want to order this so I can replace my $15 Ebay special that clouds when wet.

scarrz

Reaction score
Definitely need pics. ONe question is on truckfancy they say 2011-present. I have a 2010, I assume this would also work if it will fit your 2007?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be good for all 3rd gens...hopefully 2nd so i can buy one

OP
OP
R

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys, happy new year.

Yeah not sure whats up with the truckfancy website, but the model year they list is wrong. I'm happy to report that this camera is a direct bolt-on in my 2nd Gen - no mods were made to make this work. Just pull the factory light bulb cover over off and install the camera and you are good to go (need to wire up the camera of course!).

So it will bolt on to all the 2nd and 3rd gens. Here are some pics:

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

Here is a picture at night from inside the car. It has a built in LED light and has pretty good night visibility:

IMG_0859.jpg

All in all, I'm really happy with it. It's sleek and blends in well with the car and is a factory look. My only upset is the built in gridlines; since the camera sits off-center, the grids are not 100% accurate - but that is just me being a little picky. The camera is awesome

scarrz

Reaction score
Looks awesome! Definitely looks factory, glad it worked. I have one on order for my 3rd gen, looking forward to installing. Couple questions.

1. Does it matter which side bulb its mounted? I noticed you placed it on the left bulb.

2. how did you run the cables to the headunit? I will need to figure that out along with what parts/trim need to be taken off on the rear door.

nice job again. I agree grid lines on a off centered camera is a little annoying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Definitely looks factory, glad it worked. I have one on order for my 3rd gen, looking forward to installing. Couple questions.

1. Does it matter which side bulb its mounted? I noticed you placed it on the left bulb.

2. how did you run the cables to the headunit? I will need to figure that out along with what parts/trim need to be taken off on the rear door.

nice job again. I agree grid lines on a off centered camera is a little annoying.

Hi Scarrz, thanks. You will see when you get it, i think its a pretty good unit.

regarding your questions, yeah the way the camera casing angles outwards limits you to installing it only on the left bulb.

I didn't do the installation myself; just don't have the patience ha. I had a good friend do it for me along with a new Pioneer 7" in-dash DVD with GPS/Bluetooth/Etc. I was there the whole time hanging out and helped with little things from beginning to end. No trimming of any sort was needed. He removed the trunk door cover for the camera install and the passenger side plastic trim pieces to run the cables with the factory harness (i think the harness to the trunk door connects to the top right corner in the chassis, you will see it). All cables ran between the headliner and the roof all the way to the front passenger side kick panel and routed from there. Hope this helps

scarrz

Reaction score
Definitely helps! Thanks again for the pics and the install info.

Hi Scarrz, thanks. You will see when you get it, i think its a pretty good unit.

regarding your questions, yeah the way the camera casing angles outwards limits you to installing it only on the left bulb.

I didn't do the installation myself; just don't have the patience ha. I had a good friend do it for me along with a new Pioneer 7" in-dash DVD with GPS/Bluetooth/Etc. I was there the whole time hanging out and helped with little things from beginning to end. No trimming of any sort was needed. He removed the trunk door cover for the camera install and the passenger side plastic trim pieces to run the cables with the factory harness (i think the harness to the trunk door connects to the top right corner in the chassis, you will see it). All cables ran between the headliner and the roof all the way to the front passenger side kick panel and routed from there. Hope this helps