Front Blower not working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01 Expo

Reaction score
The other day my front blower just stopped working on my 01 Eddie Bauer while the rear blower continues to work. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manual or EATC? Does it not work for all speeds and positions?

OP
OP
01 Expo

01 Expo

Reaction score
I have checked fuses and it is the EATC and it doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

bigfry

Reaction score
I know this is a very old thread, but my '02 just started doing the same thing, and as I'm just starting research was wondering if a conclusion was ever made in this matter or similar.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check your fuses refer to your owners manual
do you have manual or EATC controls

could be the blower motor resistors/controller

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The blower motor is inoperative — EATC

Circuitry short/open.
Blower motor relay.
A/C blower motor.
A/C blower motor speed control

bigfry

Reaction score
Well, as far as I can tell the fuses are good, and if I'm reading the manual right, the "Aux" blower is via the main fuse first, so if the rear is working then it shouldn't be the fuses? Anyway, I checked them and they're continuous - as well as the relay under the hood.

I have an EATC, and ran the diagnostic on it, but it of course came up clean. In the course of my research I have found quite a bit on manual controls, and not so much on EATC systems.

I took a couple quick pics hoping for some clarification. Is the first cylinder kinda looking black one the blower fan, and the second pic with the white connector towards the right the speed control?

I did stick a voltmeter across the two leads going into what I've taken to be the blower motor, and with the EATC off, it measured 8.68v, and with the EATC cranked to max it measured 11.77v.

Attachments

• WP_20140903_22_03_34_ProB.jpg
    WP_20140903_22_03_34_ProB.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 119
  • WP_20140903_22_04_31_ProB.jpg
    WP_20140903_22_04_31_ProB.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 117

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your thought about
" the "Aux" blower is via the main fuse first, so if the rear is working then it shouldn't be the fuses?

both blower motors are on separate fuses.

ALWAYS check fuses with a meter or test light.

Since you are getting voltage at the blower which would be the red/white and brown/white wires it appears that the blower motor is bad.

You may want to disconnect the connector at the blower motor and check the motor with a OHM meter or you could hook up a set of jumpers and put 12 VOLTS directly to the motor

have attached prints for you

Attachments

• 55-01.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 55-05.pdf
    20 KB · Views: 101