Getting Android Auto to work on a 2016 with Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assmanfrom1973

Reaction score
Hi

Took me a few tries and some patience to finally get our 2016 Expedition async 3 updated ftom vs.1 to vs.3.
I have read that we need to upgrade the usb ports to get Apple Auto play but not beeded for Android Auto. My wife and I have Android pjones, Samsung S22's, and I've played around with settings and still no Android Auto.
I ordered a better usb cable to try. I would primarily like to have the Waze App working by the weekend... any advice?

rjhussel

Reaction score
You need the USB ports for Android Auto. I also have an S22 and it only works with USB connected. And yes, the USB cable seems to matter. I had to try a few until I found one that works reliable.

rjhussel

Reaction score
In the S22 there is a whole section of Android Auto (Settings/Connected Devices/Android Auto, including a connection help menu. You could check if there are 'Previously connected cars' and erase them. Also, there are options to auto start Android Auto etc.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well... high quality cable arrived and still no Android auto.
What next?
One thing to remember: Just because a vendor says their cable is high quality, it may not be. Advertisers are there to promise the world. As

rjhussel stated, you might have to try several.​

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3