Heated steering wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cannonball

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Limited Max and something is going on with my heated steering wheel. It comes on ok, auto on if it's cold outside, no issue. However, only 75% of the wheel gets warm, the section bottom right, on a clock from 3 to 6, does not heat up.
Any ideas ??
Thanks

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Limited Max and something is going on with my heated steering wheel. It comes on ok, auto on if it's cold outside, no issue. However, only 75% of the wheel gets warm, the section bottom right, on a clock from 3 to 6, does not heat up.
Any ideas ??
Thanks

Warranty repair or replacement.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used forscan to increase the temperature a tad, not much because it can cause it to wear faster, but i've always noticed little patches on this don't get as warm as others. I have never cracked one open to see but something tells me there really only one heating element that makes its way around the whole wheel, I would think if the element died, pretty much the whole thing would be dead. Guess I could be wrong but when I've replaced the steering wheel, there's only one set of wires in there, so unless it's wired in parallel in wheel itself, pretty sure it's only one, even if its more than one, I would think it would be in series which again means total outage. But I could uber easily be wrong.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine only heats the top where my hands are. Not sure if this is normal, but the entire bottom is not heated, or at least I don't feel it.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
That sounds like a warranty issue. Mine heats the entire steering wheel. Maybe a very small spot on the bottom doesn’t heat but the rest does. The Forscan stuff might allow you to change temperature (two setting), but would have nothing to do with half the steering not heating.