HELP - 2022 Timberline "Fuel Pump Control Module" causing loss of fuel??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExAustin

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM) is on a stock 2022 Expedition Timberline 4x4? I was driving down a hill in the desert this afternoon and had a sudden loss of power. After pulling off the road, the truck died and attempts to restart failed. Diagnostics report numerous cylinder misfires but also a code P008A "Low pressure fuel system"; a P0627 "Fuel Pump A Control Circuit OPEN"; and also a B154E Left Incline/Recline Switch. After discussions with my Ford dealer on my cell phone while roasting in 103 deg heat in the middle of nowhere, my rep texted me some content from the repair manual suggesting that I inspect cabling and/or pin engagement on the harness to the FPCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently stranded in the desert. Fortunately, I'm towing my travel trailer and I had enough foresight to get a StarLink Mini for this long trip...

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM) is on a stock 2022 Expedition Timberline 4x4? I was driving down a hill in the desert this afternoon and had a sudden loss of power. After pulling off the road, the truck died and attempts to restart failed. Diagnostics report numerous cylinder misfires but also a code P008A "Low pressure fuel system"; a P0627 "Fuel Pump A Control Circuit OPEN"; and also a B154E Left Incline/Recline Switch. After discussions with my Ford dealer on my cell phone while roasting in 103 deg heat in the middle of nowhere, my rep texted me some content from the repair manual suggesting that I inspect cabling and/or pin engagement on the harness to the FPCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently stranded in the desert. Fortunately, I'm towing my travel trailer and I had enough foresight to get a StarLink Mini for this long trip...
seems to be right behind the fuel tank.

See this: Link

OP
OP
E

ExAustin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I took off the connector and cleaned it as best as I could with alcohol. Waiting for the battery to charge enough to attempt to start again. I also have a new FPCU being delivered to a local repair shop later today just in case. Still under warranty including a free tow to a dealer if necessary. From talking to the dealer in Ft Stockton TX, they have an 8-week waitlist for any mechanic service. Midland might be a bit better. Ford really needs to provide the shop manual so people can do their own simple diagnostics and repairs. My FordPass app says everything is fine, but when my dealer agent checked online, she was able to see the fault codes. When I asked why my app says everything is fine, she said the fault codes "are for the techs only". It's no wonder you can't get anything fixed at Ford anymore...

OP
OP
E

ExAustin

Reaction score
It turned out that this was the Fuel pump. I had to pay for an $800 tow to Midland Ford (Ford Warranty towing was no help - not able to find a "provider"). Double Kudos to Midland Ford for doing the repair in 1 day. I wonder what the failure rate for these new fuel pumps is...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3