I can hear my turbo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The springs fix has worked flawlessly for me. They have been on for over a year and 27k miles an no issues other than wastegates that no longer rattle.
how did you go about installing them? Did you have to remove the wheel(s) to get access to the wastegate? Or were u able to drive the front end onto a ramp and was there easy access after that from under? I havent even attempted it yet

bityw

Reaction score
how did you go about installing them? Did you have to remove the wheel(s) to get access to the wastegate? Or were u able to drive the front end onto a ramp and was there easy access after that from under? I havent even attempted it yet
It was a combination of reaching in through the wheelwell and reaching up while under there for an oil change. Easily done on ramps with no need to remove wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 22

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was a combination of reaching in through the wheelwell and reaching up while under there for an oil change. Easily done on ramps with no need to remove wheels.
Nicely done! I havent been motivated to do it as I felt like the spring wouldnt last too long there anyways. I could just look it up but what spring model and place did you get your spring from? seems like a good quality spring

bityw

Reaction score
Nicely done! I havent been motivated to do it as I felt like the spring wouldnt last too long there anyways. I could just look it up but what spring model and place did you get your spring from? seems like a good quality spring
Found them in my Lowe’s purchase history.

Hillman 2-Pack 4-in Zinc-plated Steel Window Screen Springs​

Item #422427 |Model #543183

They’re cheap enough to replace if they ever rust/corrode and fall off.

rndlmn4

Reaction score
My Expedition is a 2015, with the first gen EcoBoost. In ten years (85K miles) I have never - knowingly - heard my turbos. I follow an EcoBoost FB page and people often mention hearing the turbos on their F150 trucks.

bityw

Reaction score
My Expedition is a 2015, with the first gen EcoBoost. In ten years (85K miles) I have never - knowingly - heard my turbos. I follow an EcoBoost FB page and people often mention hearing the turbos on their F150 trucks.
I have a 2015 EL with both the transmission diaper and engine skid plate removed, and I can hear the turbos clear as day in many conditions. It is very noticeable creeping up the ramp pulling the boat out of the water. Always satisfying when the V8 guys are revving up and spinning tires, but the EB is just inching up at very low RPMs with a nice turbo whistle.

rndlmn4

Reaction score
I imagine it’s the skid plate and sound damping that’s preventing me from hearing mine. It would be nice if it had a boost gauge.

Fireshark

Reaction score
I’m surprised at how loud the turbos are in mine. Don’t know if the 304a’s are generally louder or if it is just mine. I hear them all the time, even over my music.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m surprised at how loud the turbos are in mine. Don’t know if the 304a’s are generally louder or if it is just mine. I hear them all the time, even over my music.
Mines loud too . I dont really hear them when the windows are up at all but when they are down I hear them whistling when accelerating