Let's See Those Lifted / Big Tire Gen 4s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have only been lifted for about 3 weeks now. My first trip off-road trail riding is next week so I will report out on how that goes.
But as far as everyday drivability here’s my take:
I did the ReadyLift and the rear sway bar and end links all at once. Still had the factory 22’s and factory size tires. I didn’t notice much difference in the front, but the back was much stiffer. For example, going over a speed bump: before my Expy was very squishy when the back went over a speed bump. It felt like the rear shocks went full travel both directions and would continue to bounce up and down MANY times after going over it. After the lift and sway bar, the rear end felt much more truck-like: The compression was less, and the rebound was immediate and solidly planted the rear tires back at normal spring height. It was a trade off. Much improved handling and responsiveness (far less bobble head and porpoising) but harsher ride in the back even in eco mode.

Then I replaced the front sway bar and end links when it finally came in and any doubts I had were gone.
The sway bars are the answer.
If all you are doing is the ReadyLift then I don’t think you will notice much change in your CCD performance at all. But make sure you IMMEDIATELY get it aligned AND get the CCD shocks reprogrammed for the new ride height.
The sway bars and end links will make the small bumps more noticeable but anything you give up in floaty Cadillac ride is more than made up for with the improved driving dynamics and eliminating the bobble head/porpoising.

To finish up my transformation I replaced my 22’s with 18’s, and went from the factory 32.1 inch tire to a 34.3 inch E-rated Nitto.
As stunned as I was after the installing the front sway bar, the transformation after the new wheel/tires was equally amazing.
I went from having 5 inches of sidewall to over 8 inches of sidewall.
This completely eliminates small bump harshness and it just crushes road imperfections and potholes.
I leave CCD in normal mode and this thing is just a dream to drive now. It has serious truck toughness now but still a smooth supple ride thanks to the HUGE Nittos. I have zero rub front or back, still plenty of travel, and no topping out. Haven’t tested it off-road yet, but I will take some pictures in Moab and Sand Dune National park in the next 2 weeks and let you know.

It’s no Raptor, but I’m really happy with it for the first time ever really. Probably the only way to do better with this truck is a full custom ICON suspension costing 4-5 times as much, and you still would have locked in warning lights from the CCD-delete and probably be cutting body panels also.

In summary: the factory sway bars are junk and the 22’s make it ride like $hit. Get rid of both of those. Want to add 3-4 inches of ground clearance? The ReadyLift and bigger tires do a nice job with minimal impact to ride.
What do you mean get your CCD suspension reprogrammed?

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got around to finish my Expy!

ReadyLift 3in front. I left the rear stock. I prefer a slight squat. 1in lower in rear to be exact.

Falken tires 285/70r17. No cutting, No trimming. I had to move the auto step about 1/2 back.

Raceline Rims 17x8.5 w/ 0 Offset (4.75" Backspace)

***UPDATE***

I added a 1in rough country spacer in the rear. See last pic.

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpeg
    IMG_3544.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3545.jpeg
    IMG_3545.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3546.jpeg
    IMG_3546.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Mack444

Reaction score
It is Timberline spec. I’m very happy with the wheels!

Flying N

Reaction score
Not lifted but brand new larger A/T tires on stock wheels. 285/50r22. Took it for car wash, and of course they put a shine on the tires. A/T tires... Oh well, they still look good IMO.

Attachments

• New Tires_side_Geolander AT G015_285-50r22.jpg
    New Tires_side_Geolander AT G015_285-50r22.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 20

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
View attachment 77562View attachment 77563View attachment 77564295/70 R18 Toyo Rt Trail on stock Timberline rims and suspension. Didn't have to trim or move anything. Haven't noted any rubbing with normal driving. Thank you to earlier posters with their setups.
Looks really nice! How much noisier are these RT compared to the stock all-terrains? Keeping an eye out for the eventual replacements when my Timberline needs new shoes....

leirej

Reaction score
Looks really nice! How much noisier are these RT compared to the stock all-terrains? Keeping an eye out for the eventual replacements when my Timberline needs new shoes....
I didnt spend too much time with the stock tires but have 12k miles on the toyos now and tire noise is not an issue at all.

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
I’ve had my ‘18 max Plati since ‘19
Lifted 3”, RCI skid plates, Kingdom Overlanding roof rack(awesome) Vision 18” rims(discount tires), Nitto grappler tires. I just ordered a Raptor grille and DEchroming as we speak. I use it hunting and in the Utah snow. Does great.
Looks like the comfiest "hunting rig" I can think of!!
(most of the ones I've been in feel like a broken old dump truck and have me worried I might have to walk back to civilization.. ha!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960