Luck ran out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Tranny guy has my 4R100 apart. I sheared the splines off of the 2nd gear sprag plus all the clutches in the tranny were down to bare metal. No signs of overheating (I asked) just overpowered it. Although my stock planetaries are ok he recommended I change all 3 planetaries with those from a turbo diesel as they are steel and have more pinion gears. Expy planetaries use aluminum frame?! and 3 pinion gears. He plans to use the stronger racing clutches etc... When all is said and done it should be as a beefed up turbo diesel tranny.

I am also having him go through the transfer case while its out to check for wear. I am getting a 2000-2400 stall converter while I am at it.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds mean but I'm glad to hear about the second gear problem. That means you have one helasious engine in that thing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

06WhippleExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tell him to add clutches , im not sure on specifics i will ask mytranny guy in morning but i kno he added more clutches and cut and welded something inside ull keep blowing them trust me iv been threw 2 like there made by fisher price till this last guy built it have been beating the piss outta it no problems

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Tell him to add clutches , im not sure on specifics i will ask mytranny guy in morning but i kno he added more clutches and cut and welded something inside ull keep blowing them trust me iv been threw 2 like there made by fisher price till this last guy built it have been beating the piss outta it no problems

Was told the turbo diesel uses 4 clutch sprag vs 3 in the expy so it will have additional clutch.