New 2011 owner / throttle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MN_Moose

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2011 Expy XLT premium for the wife, and have a question.

As I understand, the vehicle is learning our driving habbits in programming of the throttle.

Does anyone have recommendations on how we should drive during this programming period?

OP
OP
M

MN_Moose

Reaction score
Also interesting to me is my 2006 F150 s. crew also has a 5.4L, and it has much smoother throttle response. Can one just take it into the dealer, and tell them to make the throttle respond like the F150?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alot of the people with the 11's have been complaing about lack of power. Dont know what it is to be honest.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah the 11s are an interesting vehicle... wonder what they changed to make such a difference..

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought mine see,s fine to me but then again never owned one before.

bigblack

Reaction score
I was thinking of using a programmer to improve the throttle response on my '11. Does anyone know if this would help? I was thinking about trying the superchips beacause my friend used it on his '08 Jeep and raves about it. Anyone tried this.....anyone want to be the ginnea pig?:drool:

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out mike@fivestartunning for custom tunes. Dont not buy canned tunes!

bigblack

Reaction score
What is wrong with the canned tunes? My truck is stock. I just hate the throttle and wierd shifting.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with the canned tunes? My truck is stock. I just hate the throttle and wierd shifting.

Canned tunes are generic. Every truck is different so a custom tune will pinpoint your wants and needs. You want more acceleration but better mpgs etc.... a canned tune is not going to do that.