New 2011 owner / throttle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblack

Reaction score
Solisimo, I tried to email Mike at 5 star, and the address was no good. I also tried to use the contact form on there site and it din't seem to work. Do you have a good email addy for him?

bigblack

Reaction score
OK...got ahold of Mike at 5 star.

This is what I said to him:
I have a 2011 Expedition with 6k miles on it. Since new, I have been very unhappy with the lack of power and poor throttle response. On hot days it seems like it won't even pull a hill. When it downshifts, it seems to loose power instead of gaining any. I even took it back to the dealer because I thought something was wrong with it. They said eveything was ok. There has been alot of talk on the forum about the '11s not having any power for some reason. Some have suggested a tuner. I was going to try a superchips flashpaq because a freind has one on his Jeep and recommended it. "Solisimo" from the forum recommended not using a canned tune and that I should contact you. The vehicle is stock. It is my wifes car, but I drive it as much if not more than she does (we work together). I have been very happy with the gasmileage we are getting (17-20mpg) and I'm scared to mess that up. I would just like a little more power/better torque/better throttle response/ better shifting. Any insights/recommendations?

This is what he said to me:
Hi Vic
thanks for inquiring, We can honestly help.. a 87 octane tune will enhance the power and shifting from the expe.. The biggest things to remap is the Drive by Wire system in the vehicle and the transmission maps. Your mileage will be stock if not better no worries ... Call me tomorrow if you want to talk more about the stuff we can remap to make the expe run like it should have from Ford. We are open on Sat. 9am eastern.. 843.250.0499

thanks

Mike

I am going to be the guinnea pig and give this a try. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Scottyg45

Reaction score
I'll deffenitly be keeping an eye on this, as I have considered the superchip option as well. Don't really have a throttle response issue, but would love to have more of it and power, lol

bigblack

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you know that the tune seems to be working out great. The throttle response is drasticly inproved, the increase in power is very noticeable (it will actually pull a hill now) and the sloppy shifts are nice and firm. I've gone a half a tank and I think the MPG is a little better too.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so would this be better than running my superchips? or edge? sct? any other "programmer"?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not a pro at tunning but I do know if you superchips was just plug and play then yes a custom tune from Mike is def. better.

Here is an example. Lets say you have problems with your eyesight. So your at walgreens and you buy the universal eye glasses that they sell over the counter. Sure they work and your able to see but not as good as if you were to go to an eye doctor who will get you a custom pair made to work specifically for your eyes.

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you know that the tune seems to be working out great. The throttle response is drasticly inproved, the increase in power is very noticeable (it will actually pull a hill now) and the sloppy shifts are nice and firm. I've gone a half a tank and I think the MPG is a little better too.

Is it easy to install the tune?