Newbie Check-in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badbolr

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2013 XLT optioned with everything. 29,000 miles. Won it on a BAT auction last week. Thing looks brand new inside and out in every way except for a cracked seat trim on the controls on the driver’s side. I rigged it up with a zip tie tonight and ordered the part from Ford. Parts guy said it’s a common breakage.

I was in the market to replace my 2003 F-150 to tow my RV trailer and came across this on the auction site! It was a nervous 5 days waiting on the final 30 min where the action takes place! Tows more than my truck and everyone can fit inside! Looking forward to getting it in the road.

I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from you all here but pray I don’t need to fix anything for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_3190.jpeg
    IMG_3190.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3185.jpeg
    IMG_3185.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3157.png
    IMG_3157.png
    263 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3156.png
    IMG_3156.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 3

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, it looks really nice, similar to how nice my 011 EL was w/56K on it !

Hopefully the previous owner(s) took care of the mechanical & maintenance stuff as well as they did the appearance parts...if the mileage is accurate, it sure hasn't been driven much in 11 years, so it should be a good while before needing any work.

But if you haven't already done so, I would take it to a trusted shop/mechanic to have them look it over closely to see if anything is amiss, just so you'll have an idea of what to expect...

And FYI, should any electrical issues pop up, unless you have both the knowledge & tools, dealers are usually the only ones who have the right diagnostic equipment and access to the factory wiring diagrams to find/correct the issue(s). It won't be cheap, but most of the time, they will use FoMoCo parts and stand behind their work for at least a year, maybe longer :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ribroastx