Noise on cold start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rick619

Reaction score
100% cam phasers.

That's for the turbos? How much is it to fix usually?

My wife thinks there's a 60K, 5 year warranty on the engine and transmission. So not sure if this would be covered? We bought it new 3 years ago (it was sitting on the lot for a while).

Last edited:

davep411

Reaction score
There is 5yr 60k from time of purchase. See PDF. If you ware in warranty, just get it done since you'd be in year 5 right now.
That being said, when I had my cam phasers done on my 2018 F150, I was told Ford was moving coverage of cam phasers to the Emissions parts coverage which is 8 years, 80k miles. Call your dealer to verify coverage.

bmk1

Reaction score
There is 5yr 60k from time of purchase. See PDF. If you ware in warranty, just get it done since you'd be in year 5 right now.
That being said, when I had my cam phasers done on my 2018 F150, I was told Ford was moving coverage of cam phasers to the Emissions parts coverage which is 8 years, 80k miles. Call your dealer to verify coverage.
That's for the turbos? How much is it to fix usually?

My wife thinks there's a 60K, 5 year warranty on the engine and transmission. So not sure if this would be covered? We bought it new 3 years ago (it was sitting on the lot for a while).
its not the turbos. YouTube expedition cam phasers and you’ll find a million vids. I think mine was $3300 or so luckily I had some extended warrenty bc I was at like 72k miles and only one the thing for a month.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine were replaced at 35k in 2021. Mine is a 2019 Expedition XLT. I gave the Service Rep. a video I took. They wanted to verify the noise and kept it overnight. My vehicle was a turned in lease that I purchased and the warranty was still in effect. Needless to say was repaired under warranty. While purchasing vehicle I bought the Ford Protect warranty. The extended warranty is good till 2027 or 125k. At this posting I have 44k and have done Oil and Filter changes 4 x's already. I also do cold start flooding every morning as a precautionary measures. Good luck with your warranty claim.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine were replaced at 35k in 2021. Mine is a 2019 Expedition XLT. I gave the Service Rep. a video I took. They wanted to verify the noise and kept it overnight. My vehicle was a turned in lease that I purchased and the warranty was still in effect. Needless to say was repaired under warranty. While purchasing vehicle I bought the Ford Protect warranty. The extended warranty is good till 2027 or 125k. At this posting I have 44k and have done Oil and Filter changes 4 x's already. I also do cold start flooding every morning as a precautionary measures. Good luck with your warranty claim.
What is "cold start flooding"?

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would you explain cold start flooding please and also why.