Oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had this one for 10 years now, https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7201-Fluid-Evacuator-Plus/dp/B0002SR7TC
used it extensively on my older Mercedes and Volvos.... I like it as it both sucks and pumps, so once you have it full of dirty oil, you can pump it into whatever recycle containers you have, even if its more oil than fits in one container

I could not 'extract' more than half the oil from my F250 7.3 powerstroke, so I stopped using it, but I guess I should try again on the Ecoboost (so far, the couple oil changes have been done at shops).

bityw

Reaction score
0W-40 in my 117k 2018 Platinum EL and 15w-50 in my 173k 2015 XLT EL both changed every 3-5k. My 2018 gets light duty DD’ing while my 2015 tows a boat all summer long.

Brand is personal choice, but a good HTHS rating and MOFT are a must.

OP, I would say spend some time over at BITOG, but that’s a a rabbit hole surrounded by a slippery slope for which one must be ready. Bring a towel.

Synthetic blend or full synth? Just pick one and drive. Change often. Lather, rinse, repeat.

BetterDays36

Reaction score
use full synthetic any blend can be 1% to 99% synthentic. Also look a BG adatives for your injectors and flushed, engine, trans, diffs, transfer.... Really good product, look into all their products. Not a BG rep but have been using their products for about 35 years on my cars and boats. Clean is what it's all about.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've used full synthetics in all my vehicles for the last 40 years. Don't see any reason not to.

stilbo

Reaction score
Valvoline Full Synthetic for high mileage vehicles. Additives help prevent continued hardening of seals.
We change DIY every 5,000 miles.
One turbo is hard on oil.
Two turbos are hell on oil.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
The one I bought leaves nothing, so I no longer bother with the drain. And most dealerships don't either anymore.
What about the filter? So you still must crawl underneath as you can’t replace from above.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about the filter? So you still must crawl underneath as you can’t replace from above.
Yes, but the filter is easily accessible, without even jacking up the car. The main thing is it saves removing the huge cover, not to mention the possible mess. It's way easier and we tested the first couple of times, to make sure it was removing all the oil and it was. There was maybe a drip left.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agetech