Park brake limited function warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t-ings00

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Expedition. I am getting a "Park Brake Limited Function Service Required" warning. I wanted to see if there was any experience with this. I was going to take it to a local mechanic this week.

Attachments

• brake warning.jpg
    brake warning.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 7

George Niehaus

Reaction score
My 2018 Exp. Platinum, 66,000+ miles is literally at the dealer today for that very thing. BTW It also affects the cruise control rendering it useless. I'll update as soon as I can.

OP
OP
T

t-ings00

Reaction score
Mine was a ceased right rear caliper. Had the caliper replaced and the rear pads and rotors. Everything seems to be working good now.

George Niehaus

Reaction score
Update from late yesterday, is that it was the driver rear parking brake actuator that had seized. I assume they are replacing it. I didn't notice a thing while I was driving it. Still waiting today to hear anything else. Thanks for the info as well.

Dark Z

Reaction score
Had this issue on my 2018 early last year, dealer found out it was the wiring issue since it is exposed on the control arms at all times (stupid design), eventually over time it breaks apart due to too much movements. mechanic re-taped everything up and only lasted a year, now I got the same warning message again. Going have to book another service soon before our next road trip which is in a damn week away.