Platinum 4-wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do find it annoying thought that, for example when I put it in Snow mode, that when I shut off the vehicle and start driving again, it goes automatically goes back to normal but leaves the vehicle in 4A. Seems dumb, if you're going to default back to Normal each time, then go back to 2W as well. Otherwise, stay in the mode I put you in to begin with.

I prefer it this way, but not for my wife. After she fishtailed over 90 degrees turning onto an expressway on a rainy day, I prefer that she won't be in 2WD mode unless I'm driving it on occassion.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer it this way, but not for my wife. After she fishtailed over 90 degrees turning onto an expressway on a rainy day, I prefer that she won't be in 2WD mode unless I'm driving it on occassion.

If it fish tailed 90 degrees on a rainy day, one of a few things happened, you have worn very bad tires, She absolutely stomped it, or Traction control was off. Between the ELSD, the Traction control and the stability control it is VERY hard to get these things sideways. They have far more weight in the back that say a truck, and the electronics are VERY active. I have a hard time in 2WD in the snow getting it to break out that much in a parking lot with Traction control on.

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish that was the case, but she has no clue on changing drive modes / TC, etc... just turn the knob to D and go.

Factory Hankook 22's with 7mm

Some wet concrete surfaces can be like ice - in these conditions, the systems cannot fight physics past a certain limit, especially if the start of rotation already occurred.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish that was the case, but she has no clue on changing drive modes / TC, etc... just turn the knob to D and go.

Some wet concrete surfaces can be like ice - in these conditions, the systems cannot fight physics past a certain limit, especially if the start of rotation already occurred.
She used too much of the go pedal then...driver mod? I get it though. Generally these things are VERY stable even in 2WD.

houlster

Reaction score

Idealy, it'd be tied to the key fob, just like seat, mirror & radio settings...