Rear End Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jddotson

Reaction score
I finally got my 2019 back and so far so good. Rear differential was removed and disassembled for inspection (no issues found) and reinstalled. Ford then replaced the HCU and it seems to have fixed the binding problem. Hopefully this resolves the issue.

nilfx

Reaction score
I’m joining the club late here…. My 19 is doing the same thing. Does anyone have the invoice with a parts list of what was replaced? Looking online I think I could get away with just doing the carrier. I’m also thinking about grabbing a salvage one.. any thoughts?

kryichek

Reaction score
to bad you cant replace it with a simple LSD and get away from the electronic stuff

nilfx

Reaction score
Just an update, I ended up purchasing a salvage one to swap in and keep my truck on the road. So far no noise, I did notice the HCU on top has been updated to a newer style. I plan on opening up my differential this week to see what’s damaged and if I can get away with just replacing the actuator.IMG_3462.jpeg

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 makes a grind occasionally when I turn backing up. But it never does it if I turn off traction control. So there may be a connection there to my noise.

nilfx

Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just a traction issue! The differential issue for me was in both directions when turning. I’m guessing I had the problem for a long time now because it feels like a different truck now that it’s so quiet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3