Rhino Lined, Line-x, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
were gonna have two of a kind!

Not unless you are gonna use powder pink for your mouldings and bumper. :jester:

Blue and black looks good on yours so I just need to find the time to do mine. I have a buddy who runs a body shop and he said he would spray my entire expy plus the bed liner for $1000. I told him that he was nuts and that he would have almost that much in materials. He said "I never said I was prepping or sanding, you are gonna work your ass off and I will run the gun." :waytogo: So now I have to decide if that is worth it when the paint is still in good shape for a 14 year old truck.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn wish I could get that deal... I would be prepping in a heart beat... I would love to get mine repainted... graphic covers a lot of the big scratches...lol

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had a new paint job I wouldn't want to go out and play in the mud. I swear I found every tree limb on every trail I was on yesterday, this thing is a monster and there is nothing else this big running the trails where I was.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to avoid the narrow trails... so I stick to the farms... miles of trails that are wider than my expy...

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not unless you are gonna use powder pink for your mouldings and bumper. :jester:

Blue and black looks good on yours so I just need to find the time to do mine. I have a buddy who runs a body shop and he said he would spray my entire expy plus the bed liner for $1000. I told him that he was nuts and that he would have almost that much in materials. He said "I never said I was prepping or sanding, you are gonna work your ass off and I will run the gun." :waytogo: So now I have to decide if that is worth it when the paint is still in good shape for a 14 year old truck.

man idk your paint looks great right now, just get the fenders line-xed and wax the hell out of the paint while the fenders are off

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man idk your paint looks great right now, just get the fenders line-xed and wax the hell out of the paint while the fenders are off

The layer of dried red clay mud does look pretty good on her right now. :jester:

I am pretty satisfied with my expy the way it is right now. It is a cheap vehicle that I can have fun with and don't mind having some good ole' redneck fun. I might paint over the bedliner with gloss black or maybe even a gun metal gray.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The layer of dried red clay mud does look pretty good on her right now. :jester:

I am pretty satisfied with my expy the way it is right now. It is a cheap vehicle that I can have fun with and don't mind having some good ole' redneck fun. I might paint over the bedliner with gloss black or maybe even a gun metal gray.

dont forget 3-4 coats of clear, very important

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I am debating if I am gonna add a couple coats of gloss black before the clear... so some of you should do it so I can see the results...lol

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah I am debating if I am gonna add a couple coats of gloss black before the clear... so some of you should do it so I can see the results...lol

Don't hold your breath for me. It will probably be a month or two before I do anything since work and family are keeping me plenty busy. Hopefully I can find the time before it gets really hot and sticky here in MO.