some new pics '10 Expy Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are the exhausts normally straight out the back? I have a XLT, but i can't stop staring at Limited when i see them, all black is great looking! i have black with the sports silver trim, comtemplating on getting them painted black

Very observant... the exhaust on my brand new truck came out the back rear side as they all do. However, mine appeared to be bent up (almost as if someone hit something). So I actually had the pipe removed from just above the axle and replaced by the rear tailpipe from a Navigator. I just like the look better, not to mention the bend drove my OCD nuts everytime I looked at it.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rick what grille is that?
Also, I like how you did the handles body colored. Looks great. I have an 08 Limited in black and thought about doing the handles and emblems in black to match.

Matt

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, I like how you did the handles body colored. Looks great. I have an 08 Limited in black and thought about doing the handles and emblems in black to match.

Matt

That's a Limited grill if I'm not mistaken, and the handles should be body colored from the factory too.

OP
OP
R

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Matt

It's a '10, the grill was still body colored on the Limited for that year, they cahnged it to chrome in '11, I prefer the all black look, so I'm happy it's like that. I do have black billet inserts that you can't really see that well in those pics, maybe that's what you're asking about?

And believe it or not, the door handles WERE chrome for that year, but I just put some black vinyl overlays on the top, again, less chrome, more black. If I change my mind, or go to sell it, viola, chrome door handles again. And as far as the emblems, I just took them all off but the Ford logos...

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a Limited grill if I'm not mistaken, and the handles should be body colored from the factory too.

I know, I have one, but he has some sort of insert that changes the look.

Also, starting in 07 Ford changed the handles to chrome, so it's odd to see a 3rd gen with body colored handles.

Matt

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a '10, the grill was still body colored on the Limited for that year, they cahnged it to chrome in '11, I prefer the all black look, so I'm happy it's like that. I do have black billet inserts that you can't really see that well in those pics, maybe that's what you're asking about?

And believe it or not, the door handles WERE chrome for that year, but I just put some black vinyl overlays on the top, again, less chrome, more black. If I change my mind, or go to sell it, viola, chrome door handles again. And as far as the emblems, I just took them all off but the Ford logos...

I should have been more specific in my question about the grill, I know its a Limited grill but yes I was talking about the overlay on the lower bumper opening, but more specifically I noticed the top looks like it has some sort of uprights ( maybe the backing to the insert? ) that looks similar to the Escape grill.
I also prefer the body color grills on the Limiteds and not sure what Ford was thinking going with chrome on the 2011's.

The reason I asked about the handles was starting in 07 all Expys got chrome handles. I guess Ford thought it better to have chrome handles than body color like the previous generations had. Again I agree with the "less chrome, more black".

I read another post of yours where you painted your old emblems black before removing them, looked cool.

Is your Expy metallic black? almost looks bronze-ish.

Matt