Stupid Branch - Is there a quick and cheap way to fix this antenna cover? Was quoted 900 to replace (without paint)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srvman

Reaction score
My deductible is $1000, so at this stage, its a wash - I can't believe its going to essentially cost me a grand to repair this - is there any way to either just stick a cover over the top, or is the install super complicated?

Appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Screenshot_20240605_134310_Gallery.jpg

mtrosclair

Reaction score
Looks like you need a windshield too, but I don't see covers available just the antenna as a whole unit which seem to range from $65-100. I'm guessing the cost is in the labor. I wonder if you could reach the fasteners through the hole that the ceiling console mounts in?

OP
OP
S

srvman

Reaction score
Looks like you need a windshield too, but I don't see covers available just the antenna as a whole unit which seem to range from $65-100. I'm guessing the cost is in the labor. I wonder if you could reach the fasteners through the hole that the ceiling console mounts in?
Yeah - window got smashed but that has already been fixed. They quoted 100 for the part, but best part of a grand for everything else - just fail to see how it is that much labor - that being said - I still get shivers on the last time I replaced a moonroof in my f150

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah - window got smashed but that has already been fixed. They quoted 100 for the part, but best part of a grand for everything else - just fail to see how it is that much labor - that being said - I still get shivers on the last time I replaced a moonroof in my f150

My antenna was damaged in transit and the dealership said they had to drop the headliner to repair.

Deep8174

Reaction score
“damaged in transit”? Who was transporting the vehicle? Sounds like some liability issues for the transporting company if you ask me.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
“damaged in transit”? Who was transporting the vehicle? Sounds like some liability issues for the transporting company if you ask me.
My understanding was the vehicle was transported by rail but I have no idea where or when the antenna was damaged. Dealership repaired and I have had no issues with the antenna since then.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just had the brake booster replaced on my daughters 2014 ford edge, the booster was $400 and there was just over $900 for labor and tax (3 hours labor!), so something close to $300 an hour for labor (that’s in Dallas). I was horrified.. in 10 years this car has needed a new ABS control unit ($1600 for parts and labor) and now the booster ($1400 parts and labor), that’s $3000 just on brakes in the 2 years she has owned it, I have never had a car that has had so many issues with brakes in just 10 years and 100k miles!! I think Ford reliability/quality has really dropped in the last 10 years. Was going to purchase a new Lincoln Navigator in the next 2 years, but am having real doubts!

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was going to purchase a new Lincoln Navigator in the next 2 years, but am having real doubts!
Preaching to the choir! I planned on getting a Aviator or a Navi by now, but the quality issues! Love the Navi, but getting to be too much money. Thought about a 23 or 24 Expy based on the deals, but then I thought why? Same thing I have now, with not as nice looking grill and taillights (sorry to offend), as some quality issues. Then I thought about a new 2025 Expy. The whole Ford quality has me rethinking everything Ford. I'm at such a loss as to what to do. There's really nothing I like as much as my old 2018 Expy.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Preaching to the choir! I planned on getting a Aviator or a Navi by now, but the quality issues! Love the Navi, but getting to be too much money. Thought about a 23 or 24 Expy based on the deals, but then I thought why? Same thing I have now, with not as nice looking grill and taillights (sorry to offend), as some quality issues. Then I thought about a new 2025 Expy. The whole Ford quality has me rethinking everything Ford. I'm at such a loss as to what to do. There's really nothing I like as much as my old 2018 Expy.

if I were you, I would seriously consider a 2025 model year Suburban/Yukon XL