Stupid Branch - Is there a quick and cheap way to fix this antenna cover? Was quoted 900 to replace (without paint)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Hellwig .....You know, I have. I almost bought a '24 Yukon AT4, but dragged my feet and it was sold. I very much like the redesign of the Tahoe. I hope the new Tahoe handles better than the '24. It's very sloppy the way it leans in turns, which I found the Yukon did not do that. So, I may wait for both versions to show up and see.

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
if I were you, I would seriously consider a 2025 model year Suburban/Yukon XL

I'm not one to defend Ford's craftsmanship.. but I was originally cross-shoping with Yukon/Escalade.. and on their forums they have users who have complete engine loss.

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
OP, depending on how handy you are.. you could sand the edges of the paint loss and then use spray paint or vinyl wrap. Assuming it still functions.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Hellwig .....You know, I have. I almost bought a '24 Yukon AT4, but dragged my feet and it was sold. I very much like the redesign of the Tahoe. I hope the new Tahoe handles better than the '24. It's very sloppy the way it leans in turns, which I found the Yukon did not do that. So, I may wait for both versions to show up and see.

You may correct the sloppy feeling by upgrading the front and rear antisway bars on Tahoe. That's what I did for my expedition, and it is a success.

Last edited:

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not one to defend Ford's craftsmanship.. but I was originally cross-shoping with Yukon/Escalade.. and on their forums they have users who have complete engine loss.

Yes. 6.2 V8 must have serious design problem, as what I saw on Youtube. And this engine requires premium fuel.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
As far as the OP’s original question yes, it is a lot of labor to replace that antenna. The A, B, C & D pillars trim all has to be removed and the headliner taken out of the vehicle. I can see this being a several hour job. If you do it and break something you might end up paying more. If the deal ship breaks something and you can find it they pay. Is your insurance not covering that?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was absolutely thinking about some kind of vinyl wrap. just make sure the paint is done peeling. that is if the antenna is working. its plastic so you don't have to worry about rust or anything like that. Someone should bust out a 3d printer and make a cover that just uses double sided tape.