Timberline is Surprisingly Capable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalbert

Reaction score
With all of the bad weather we get in S. Florida, what are you finding is the comfortable depth that these vehicles can handle... I believe the owners manual suggests nothing more than mid wheel.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do we really think these vehicles were actually designed to do this stuff? lol. They are grocery getters in my opinion.....

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Designed to do serious offroading? Nope. Capable of doing offroad driving? Yep. I have a lot of miles of off-highway backcountry driving and the expedition has done great. I recently was up in the mountains and a rain storm hit and I was genuinely concerned about the mud and the slick tires I have on the Platinum (I really need better tires) and sure enough the trails were slick as snot but the expedition chugged up and down everything like a champ. One of the group in an F150 had much more trouble than I did. I will say, cleaning mud off the expedition is rough, it has a LOT of places to catch and hold mud.

KenCar

Reaction score
I have used my 2023 Timberline in the fire roads in Michigan and it does well getting back to campsites and fishing lakes.
Not a jeep but still pretty good.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are only getting groceries, then you are missing out on a lot of fun. Show me another vehicle that does better at taking 6 adults to the middle of nowhere to have a picnic lunch with no one else around while you look out over the canyons.

PXL_20221122_183802385-X2.jpg

By the way, nice three-wheel shot, that's a winner.