Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you plan on towing often enough, then it may be worthit! Actually, you only have to do one differential so I'd prolly do it lol

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol is it a fairly simple task to do by myself or do I need to take it somewhere? I don't plan on towing it often it's mainly for me to take it to my job (plant I work at) then back home so 2 times in a month maybe

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for now you might want to stay with the 3.31 and then see how it does with the tuner set up and whatever trailer you go with. you can always change the gears if needed and being your in Houston you may not have many hills to worry about but that all depends on where you will traveling

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I travel the US for work so there will be hills I encounter in the future. Now another question would y'all bother putting trailer sway bars as well?

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I travel the US for work so there will be hills I encounter in the future. Now another question would y'all bother putting trailer sway bars as well?

When you get the trailer get a weight distribution hitch with the sway control built in. I have been using the Reese Dual cam HP hitch on 2 trailers over the last 10+ years. The first was a 29' and now we have a 30'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have a question, because I don't understand what it means. What is consider the tongue weight?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it reality it is the weight the coupler (tongue) of the trailer places on the ball of the hitch hence the word tongue weight