Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah most are door and sometimes the door pillar. Yeah I know on most of my vehicles have it on the driver side bottom of the windshield but once I have it in sight I will definitely let you know what info I have.

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I try to look up the Ford ETIS system and put in the VIN it says an error occurred. I double checked the Vin could it be an issue I'm trying to use it on a cell phone?

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I looked at the hitch on it, on the left side it has 4 prongs but then on the right side it has an actual plug in connection so does that mean I have HD tow package?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard to say as we don't know if that is factory or if the previous owner installed it
look at the front radiator to see if there is a trans cooler installed

also try etis from your computer I have on occasion had problems with the site and have taken a few tries for the information to come up

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will have to run the Vin on the computer due to the fact we had to bring it back to the dealership to get a brake issue fixed and looked at

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well great news!! Our expo has the HD tow package with 3.31 gears but that's definitely a bonus so now I can't wait to pull with this bad boy!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok now the 3.31 gears will give you better mileage when not towing. But the 3.73 would be a better choice for towing especially heavier loads.

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, the 3.73 will give a better launch. I'm looking into a programmer and have a towing tune set up on it specifically for pulling. I rather not swap gears but if need be I will.