(Transfer) 4k to spend, but on what, I wonder??? (=

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the matt black trim color? I know you can't see it that well in this pic (I'll post more when I get the truck back on Monday). Looks to me like it wasn't professionally done, as it's Matt and not factory black, but I kinda' like it. Figure it'll wear before the metallic does but I'll just have it touched up as time goes by.

Since I have the truck up on a lift right now and they are switching out wheels anyway, how much should it cost me to have them do a 2 inch drop? And what issues might this cause the vehicle in terms of alignment, sensors etc? Cheers!!

Attachments

• photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 89

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it should be fine with a 2 inch drop, but im not sure about the cost

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cost is something I'll tackle once I know I can do it without jacking up other aspects of the truck. Problem is, I need an idiot proof vehicle, as well, I'm an idiot when it comes to mechanics so if anything goes wrong I have to pay someone else to fix it rather than do it myself lol

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hrmmm, then you might not want to get into any real mechanical modifications... I mean exhaust and suspension are pretty idiot proof and should be maintenance free after the initial install so no headaches there. Well, provided you buy quality parts and have a shop that knows wth they are doing install everything. Probably don't want to touch the drivetrain though if you aren't handy at fixing things.

With that extra 4k, you will definitely want to set some of it aside to just get all the normal maintenance done espeically if you don't know the history of the vehcile which sounds like you don't since it was an auction. Then I'd drive it for a bit to let any potential problems show themselves before I did anything.

If you are dead set on a full suspension, that can get pretty expensive pretty fast and might eat up most of your budget right off the bat...

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scotty,

Agreed! Right now I have it on a lift at my buddy's shop. He's installing new wheels and going through the vehicle inch by inch to see what all needs doing. Next I'm getting a transmission flush. From there, the sky's the limit although I'm pretty sure my next purchase is a K&N CAI since everyone seems to rave about it on here. Might hold off on the drop until I get a better feel for the vehicle. Ross is adamant that I get sway bars tho! lol

P.S - if all went well over the weekend I should be picking it up tomorrow!! Can't frikkin' wait!! :)

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would look at bow downs expy. he has a good looking one. i especially like his taillights and painted trim. thats what i need to do to mine. but yours is looking good to. and btw welcome to the 2nd gen family.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful of a transmission flush. I would just do a drain/fill on both the trans and torque converter.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flushes can push any crud or debris that's gotten into the trans over time up into places that it could damage. Many big manufacturers won't do flushes. Example is my wife's Honda, they will not do a flush and will only drain and fill.