What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalbert

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the kids involved/teaching them. How do you like the performance of the Powerstop Z36 kit?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't been on here much recently. The Expedition has been treating us well. That said, with 47k miles on the ODO, it was time to replace the brakes.

Interestingly, the rear pass side inner pad was 2mm, while the driver side rear was probably 4-5mm. The driver side inner front pad was around 3mm while the pass side had around 6-7mm left. The outer pads all had plenty of life left. Can't say I've had a vehicle with such inconsistent pad wear before. I understand the outer pad wearing more slowly, but the inconsistencies between the inner pads is interesting.

Anyway, went with the PowerStop Z36 kit and had my helpers do most of the work. :D

View attachment 81814

View attachment 81815
Love this, but what I don't see is the kids having to whack at this crap with a massive mallet, a couple 2x4's, and whole lot of penetrating oil, lol. Mine took some serious muster to get off the hubs. I have a nearly identical power stop kit btw, great choice. My factory rotors couldn't stand more than two trips down the I70 passes, the power stop kit is something like 30+ trips and still going strong.

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Love this, but what I don't see is the kids having to whack at this crap with a massive mallet, a couple 2x4's, and whole lot of penetrating oil, lol. Mine took some serious muster to get off the hubs. I have a nearly identical power stop kit btw, great choice. My factory rotors couldn't stand more than two trips down the I70 passes, the power stop kit is something like 30+ trips and still going strong.
Oh they loved taking turns knocking the rotors off with a small sledge. Glad your PowerStop brakes are working well for you. I bedded these in per PowerStop instructions and so far they feel great. Maybe a little less initial bite than OEM, but definitely more stopping power as the pedal is depressed.

Congrats on getting the kids involved/teaching them. How do you like the performance of the Powerstop Z36 kit?
So far, so good...but I haven't really put enough miles on them yet. I'll be racking up some miles next week, so I'll be able to form a better opinion then.

Attachments

• IMG_8261.jpeg
    IMG_8261.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3