What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with the AC200P. Yes it’s just a big battery (2000wh lifePo4). With a 2000 watt inverter and a bunch of ports. It’s also has a MPPT solar charge controller. With 700 watt’s of solar input it can be charged to 100% in 4 hours. I put a 110 w panel on my roof rack and have a folding 110 w panel I will put on my windshield when we are at the lake, dunes or car camping. With good sun it should easily put back what we use. Last year I dumped the olds school coolers for 12v refrigerators. I will never go back to ice. With out recharging it it will run 1-12v fridge for 60 plus hours. Not sure it would run a camp trailer A/C for very long. I have seen a few people use them for the little egg looking trailers and love them. I vacuumed the entire house with it yesterday and it took it from 100% to 96%. So I think basic short camping trips it will be awesome.
0e0e4c4d720b5b33a4944d8a138c2653.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillbrak

Reaction score
I went with the AC200P. Yes it’s just a big battery (2000wh lifePo4). With a 2000 watt inverter and a bunch of ports. It’s also has a MPPT solar charge controller. With 700 watt’s of solar input it can be charged to 100% in 4 hours. I put a 110 w panel on my roof rack and have a folding 110 w panel I will put on my windshield when we are at the lake, dunes or car camping. With good sun it should easily put back what we use. Last year I dumped the olds school coolers for 12v refrigerators. I will never go back to ice. With out recharging it it will run 1-12v fridge for 60 plus hours. Not sure it would run a camp trailer A/C for very long. I have seen a few people use them for the little egg looking trailers and love them. I vacuumed the entire house with it yesterday and it took it from 100% to 96%. So I think basic short camping trips it will be awesome.

I’m assuming you can charge it with the engine running as well? I’m curious how quickly that would charge it. Looks awesome.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m assuming you can charge it with the engine running as well? I’m curious how quickly that would charge it. Looks awesome.

From the vehicle it would take over 20 hours. Hence the solar panels on my roof.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Oh, you got the big dog. The one I saw was a smaller powder blue one, maybe the 1000W version.

That looks like it would be perfect, especially for your application.

I wonder if it would run a camper AC once you installed one of those MicroAir adapters which allows them to “start” on a 2000W generator. This would be quieter for sure.

Do you know if you can you run two of them in parallel to get 3500-4000W?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean that thing is sweet, but $2k... They aren't silent but I have seen plenty of inverter style generators at 3500w for half the price. But that is really cool, and charging via solar is pretty cool.

Are the batteries replaceable? And I didn't see but how many cycles are they capable of?

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure that’s BS about the vaccine taking precedent. It’s just an easy excuse for UPS and FedEx to use so their customers not to get too pissed off.

They aren’t shipping THAT many vaccines everyday via plane and when they do they come straight in to their hub via ORD and sent up to southern WI for Phizer for individual distribution to states (smaller shipments) and fairly confident your 53ft dry van / big rig isn’t touching the vaccine so for FedEx ground there wouldn’t be a single point where a vaccine is involved in those vehicles as I’m sure those go Custom Critical on a more reliable mode of transit. Even if your average 53ft dry van still carries it, unless you’re shipping through southern WI I don’t think the supply of trucks or planes is limited.

Long story short, a truckload worth of vaccine or two to each state once a week or once a month isn’t wrecking havoc on their supply chain system.

I guess the good news for FedEx and UPS is they can’t complain about a pilot shortage!

Last edited:

TheCarsonFam

Reaction score
First post here. Heyyy
Purchased our 2018 last week.
So far we have tinted the front two windows to match the rear and blacked out the front and rear Ford badges. I have the same black lettering for my back chrome plate that I plan on installing this weekend. Still debating on a wheel/tire set up and the ready lift 3/2. Hubby is worried it’ll ruin the ride quality.

95B9DD89-7D4A-496D-9955-1F70FBE36200.jpeg

05D398C2-774E-445B-9FE8-F6E99B7F9584.jpeg

79FE4F69-8337-413C-83AE-94F362067426.jpeg

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First post here. Heyyy
Purchased our 2018 last week.
So far we have tinted the front two windows to match the rear and blacked out the front and rear Ford badges. I have the same black lettering for my back chrome plate that I plan on installing this weekend. Still debating on a wheel/tire set up and the ready lift 3/2. Hubby is worried it’ll ruin the ride quality.

View attachment 39744

View attachment 39745

View attachment 39746

I think the tire will make a bigger impact on the ride than the ReadyLift.

Stick with a P-tire and your ride will be much “softer” and closer to the stock ride than an LT tire.

I went from a P to LT on my Honda Pilot on stock suspension and it was night and day difference on the ride. It was so much more harsh. However, it helped it tow much better.

Same with the Expy. Even though I added the ReadyLIFT, I think my ride quality was impacted more by the fact that I went with LT tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean that thing is sweet, but $2k... They aren't silent but I have seen plenty of inverter style generators at 3500w for half the price. But that is really cool, and charging via solar is pretty cool.

Are the batteries replaceable? And I didn't see but how many cycles are they capable of?

Fan is only as loud as a PC. The only 3500 watt one I know of is the Titan and they recommend two battery packs to get that and it’s double the price without the extra pack. If your talking a gas generator then yes you can get a one for less but you’re not going to leave that running in your car to run the fridge all night. No real good mounting spots for a extra battery in the Expy. Plus this can do so much more. It’s a LifePo4, 3000+ cycles to 80%. So after 3000 + cycles it will have 1600 watt hours left.