yet another muffler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssbroly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All rights everyone, I'm really having trouble here. Been reading posts, watching youtube and visiting exhaust web sites, cannot find the sound I'm looking for. I really like the deep, hollow, throaty sounds of a mustang with a great exhaust, I'd like to duplicate that sound. I'm going for deep, not loud though. The reaction I'm looking for isn't "HEY LOOK AT ME!" the one I'm looking for is, "Man,......that's sounds good!" Any suggestions.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, get a mustang! hahah. sorry, couldnt help myself. there are a few people here who have different setups and they like them. i think i have a flowmaster 40 series with dual exhaust and she sounds great in my opinion. she isnt loud at all unless i really get on it, and then it just sounds good.

OP
OP
ssbroly

ssbroly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I know, can't really afford 2 rides right now, as much as I'd love to. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll just have to keep searching.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Magnaflow

I went with a Magnaflow 18 inch muffler. Very happy with the sound. Just a little deeper sound. Absolutely no droning. MORE of "that's not stock" without all that noise the kids want. I wanted to improve the engine breathing more than make a bunch of racket. If you want more than the subtle improvement, try removing the resonator or go with the 13 inch model. Just have to play with it to find your sound and drone levels.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for flowmaster 40s... i cut factory Y and have true duals with the 40s and also have rear 2 cats deleted and it sounds good... thinking of straight piping it in the spring though.... gotta wait till after NNY winter is over