…1999 Expedition rear heater core bypass???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willie B

Reaction score
… I have a beater 1999 Ford Eddie Bauer expedition 4 x 4… dual air conditioning dual heaters… I have bypassed the front heater core as it started leaking… I thought I had disconnected the rear heater core..,But apparentlyI had not… and the car is leaking coolant at the back… Not exactly sure how to get it to stop leaking in the back… I don’t know if there’s heater hose in and out… if there is, where would I look to tie the two hoses together and bypass the rear heater core???… not sure if I will ever fix the heater core issues… As I am in Southern California and really do not need a heater… So what would my procedure be to find the rear heater core?… thank you very much.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
where would I look to tie the two hoses together and bypass the rear heater core???
Follow the hoses back (from where you bypassed the front) down to the "T" connectors.
They sit right on top of the engine (passenger side)
There is your rear hoses.