2006 Driver's Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmned

Reaction score
Yesterday another vehicle swerved into my lane and their mirror whacked my driver's side mirror. By the time I u-turned back to where it happened the other driver had disappeared. I picked up the pieces that had fallen off and went on my way.

The two pieces I recovered were the mirror and a cowling. The cowling was relatively undamaged and snapped back into its proper position. The mirror was shattered so I need a replacement.

I cannot seem to find a replacement that matches the shape of my original mirror. See the attached photo. My mirror has a "notch" in the lower right corner that of the replacement mirrors I have found none have this cutout.

Also I think I may be missing a piece since the mirror and heated backplate I recovered do not seem to attach to the motor directly and the "notch" leaves a good portion of the lower right space exposed.

I am hoping to find all the part numbers I need or an exploded view of the mirror assembly to see what I might be missing.

Attachments

• 06EXPMIRROR.jpg
    06EXPMIRROR.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
D

dmned

Reaction score
Funny twist... Yesterday when I turned around to retrieve the parts that had fallen off my vehicle I found the cowling and mirror in the road within a few feet of each other. I picked up the pieces, threw them in my vehicle and went on my way.

It dawned on me just today that perhaps I picked up the other driver's mirror. Sure enough, I went back today and found my mirror on the shoulder of the road. Cracked, but the right size and shape.

Now I can find its replacement and be whole again.