2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my new 2024 yesterday and going over 70 there is definitely a vibration in the steering wheel
Might drive it a bit with close to max psi. Been known to help sorta round the tire if the truck has been siting for a bit.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might drive it a bit with close to max psi. Been known to help sorta round the tire if the truck has been siting for a bit.
good point, i'll give it a try, it is at 41 PSI cold, but it's parked outside and it's been in the mid-80's here too and it only has 28 miles on the ODO.

fordtruck

Reaction score
RFB will not fix your issue. I bought new Micheline LTX and RFB twice and had the driveshaft balanced. Still has vibration and it’s so bad at 70-90.
Dealer even switched my 22” to 18” and still vibrates. I drove lots of Lincoln’s and Expeditions. Every single new one does it.

It’s an NVH rotate mass vibration. Put your hand on door panel and watch thumb shake. Or water bottle in cup holder.
Measured the pin angle and driveshaft angle nowhere close to zero/.05. Mine is close to 1.0.

Looking to try a custom shop to adjust angle and aftermarket driveshaft.

Any other ideas? And stop telling people new tires will fix it. It won’t. It’s not wheels and tires.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your's must be an anomaly. Most vibrations as you can see here are solved by road force balancing or a tire swap. Usually the fronts. A cup of water or whatever works, so does feel it in the steering wheel it's usually up front, under your ass, outback.
Oh, try putting a radiator hose clamp on your drive shaft and move it around to see if it effects the vibration.

RazrM5

Reaction score
Introductory Post. Hey all..

2024 Stealth LTD here. Purchased from Ford of Kendall on 7/17. Unbelievable engine and vehicle except — you guessed it VIBRATION at exactly 73MPH and above.

Had Generals RFB’d at independent shop. 1 tire failed, bordering on 2. Vibration remained.

Brought to dealer and they RFB’d 2x but prior to 2nd RFB, they rotated the problem tire 180 degrees. Report stated ‘vehicle works well.’

No. It. Does. Not.

Took back again today and had shop foreman drive at 73+ plus with me. He noticed and nodded head in affirmation of the vibration. He stated this is a known issue, ‘it’s a truck’, etc..

Recommendations from shop foreman…

1. Come in at 3k miles for free oil change and balance the tires again. Should improve both with time and with this RFB at oil change.

2. Offered cost on set of new tires if #1 doesn’t address issue.

I will adhere to plan and buy Michelin Defenders if necessary but I must say this is a bit disheartening. He said the Expedition is a better car than the Explorer ST - overall - which I just traded in.

I WANT to love the Stealth. The interior, tech, and engine are wonderful. But the vibration at 73mph + is F’n annoying. I drive ALOT.

Small nit-picks:

1. Could use some Platinum grade leather in seats and dash. The quilted leather in the Plat is fab.

2. Better seat adjustments like the ST had.

3. Better place for Phone.

4. Just put the bloody shift paddles on the steering wheel/column already… sport mode in this vehicle is bonkers.

Hoping to be vibration-less after 3k miles.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't get his statement concerning the Expy being a better car than the ST. One is a truck one is a medium car/suv.I have an Expy KR 4X4 and just purchased a 24 ST Two different vehicles, one $35K more than the other. We find them both to be enjoyable to drive. Actually we both prefer the ST to the Expy. Oh, no vibration.

RazrM5

Reaction score
I don't get his statement concerning the Expy being a better car than the ST. One is a truck one is a medium car/suv.I have an Expy KR 4X4 and just purchased a 24 ST Two different vehicles, one $35K more than the other. We find them both to be enjoyable to drive. Actually we both prefer the ST to the Expy. Oh, no vibration.
Thanks for the reply. It is my inference that he was referencing reliability/durability. I’ve had 4 Explorers and some minor things do eventually erode/go wrong especially with build quality materials but nothing — and I mean absolutely nothing — has been wrong with the engine. I traded in a 22’ ST to get the Expy and I believe, I will probably pick up the 25’ as our 2nd vehicle.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stopped reading when you said Generals. Joking, of course. Seriously, I never say never, but I would NEVER buy anything that has Generals. New, used, don't care. Worst tires EVER made....junk. I put Defender2 M/S on mine a couple of months ago. Zero complaints.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stopped reading when you said Generals. Joking, of course. Seriously, I never say never, but I would NEVER buy anything that has Generals. New, used, don't care. Worst tires EVER made....junk. I put Defender2 M/S on mine a couple of months ago. Zero complaints.

My Hankook AT tires are fine too. No complaint except they look being worn off faster than Pirelli AT tires.

RazrM5

Reaction score
Just ordered four Michelin Defender LTX M/2’s through my Service rep at Ford. I’m going to push hard with the sales manager to get a credit for the Grabbers - and if I have to, I will split the cost between the credit and the cost of the Michelins. Will update.

Oh and…

IMG_7179.jpeg

IMG_7177.jpeg

Left side front and rear. Right side has minimal weighting. Truck pulls to the left. And I just noticed the steering wheel is offset slightly rotated to the right. It is not completely centered.