2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
For comparison, I have had the same issue. And I went through 2 sets of generals and then finally defender ms. the Michelin’s have .75-1.5 oz per tire. 3-5 little stick on weights per tire.
@rd618 did the Michelin's fix your vibration issue? I'm two weeks in to my new 2024 Exp Max Ltd and its been vibrating's from day one at speeds 30mph+. Road fore balancing did nothing so dealer is chalking up to bad batch of General Grabber tires and replacing with a new General Grabber set later this week.

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
I got my new 2024 yesterday and going over 70 there is definitely a vibration in the steering wheel
@armoredsaint what kind of tires are you running with? Have you been able to identify the culprit and fix it? I'm two weeks in to my new 2024 Exp Max Ltd and its been vibrating's from day one at speeds 30mph+. Road force balancing did nothing so dealer is chalking up to bad batch of General Grabber tires and replacing with a new set later this week.

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
RFB will not fix your issue. I bought new Micheline LTX and RFB twice and had the driveshaft balanced. Still has vibration and it’s so bad at 70-90.
Dealer even switched my 22” to 18” and still vibrates. I drove lots of Lincoln’s and Expeditions. Every single new one does it.

It’s an NVH rotate mass vibration. Put your hand on door panel and watch thumb shake. Or water bottle in cup holder.
Measured the pin angle and driveshaft angle nowhere close to zero/.05. Mine is close to 1.0.

Looking to try a custom shop to adjust angle and aftermarket driveshaft.

Any other ideas? And stop telling people new tires will fix it. It won’t. It’s not wheels and tires.
@fordtruck I'm two weeks in to my new 2024 Exp Max Ltd and its been vibrating's from day one at speeds 30mph+. Road force balancing did nothing so dealer is chalking up to bad batch of General Grabber tires and replacing with a new set later this week....hoping that magically fixes it but so far my $81K MSRP vehicle is riding worse than a horse and carriage

RazrM5

Reaction score
@armoredsaint what kind of tires are you running with? Have you been able to identify the culprit and fix it? I'm two weeks in to my new 2024 Exp Max Ltd and its been vibrating's from day one at speeds 30mph+. Road force balancing did nothing so dealer is chalking up to bad batch of General Grabber tires and replacing with a new set later this week.
I am meeting with Sales manager on Wed. I will 'encourage' her to swap the Grabbers for Michelin Defender LTX MS/2's. I will ask for the dealership to cover the cost. My floor is paying the difference between the credit for the Grabbers and the Michelin's. My guy in service showed me $294 as their cost and will sell to me at $312 each which will include mount and balance.

If the VIBRATION is not corrected with the Defenders... I will escalate to the GM and Ford Regional. I have already been in contact with a private mechanic who is a patient of mine -- as double backup.

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
I am meeting with Sales manager on Wed. I will 'encourage' her to swap the Grabbers for Michelin Defender LTX MS/2's. I will ask for the dealership to cover the cost. My floor is paying the difference between the credit for the Grabbers and the Michelin's. My guy in service showed me $294 as their cost and will sell to me at $312 each which will include mount and balance.

If the VIBRATION is not corrected with the Defenders... I will escalate to the GM and Ford Regional. I have already been in contact with a private mechanic who is a patient of mine -- as double backup.
Interested to hear what they say. You may already be aware but the ford bumper to bumper warranty and General’s new car tire warranty both cover replacing tires with the same as OEM but potentially with different tires if dealer gets Ford’s approval first. Dealer is replacing my Grabbers with Grabbers in hopes it’s quick fix but if it doesn’t fix vibration they said they’ll seek approval to replace again with Michelins….this is all assuming tires are the problem which is questionable based on all the threads I’ve read here.

RazrM5

Reaction score
‘24 Expy Stealth is currently on a lift for a re-balance as it was pulling hard left. They opened a new ticket. The top manager in the dealership was on hold with Ford for 37 minutes and did not reach anyone. He also made some phone calls to some other individuals who explained course of action. They have one person in their back pocket who is supposedly very high up in Ford — if they need to make that contact but are trying to put all ducks in a row before that because they know this person will ask them if they did that.

Discussed swapping out the tires as per warranty and trying to get Michelin‘s with approval from Ford. We are close to that step now. I made sure to mention that there is a lot of chatter regarding possibility of the IRS/drive shaft/pinion/Caliber being an issue on top of the shotty tires.

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
@RazrM5 the similarities our vehicles are having is too much of a coincidence - rough ride and pulling left. Mine has no improvement despite balance and subsequent RFB…a new set of Generals are going on tomorrow under warranty. Glad to hear your dealer is pursuing getting Mich instead of Generals.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had the General's replaced once and rebalanced twice. The ride is "tolerable" now, but there is still some vibration present.

Skud

Reaction score
Subscribing...

I have a 2022 Max Stealth Performance, and it's vibrated 75 mph+ right from day 1. I've had more tire balances than I can count and three different sets of wheels and tires (two aftermarket winter tires/wheel sets and the stock 22" grabbers) with no improvement. The dealer just always says the usual. They can't test over the speed limit (which is 60mph all around the dealer) and they can't feel the issue.

It has CCD and does ride rough. I would call it "jittery" - like it's overdamped. The smallest road imperfection causes the vehicle to start jittering. I've been down freshly-paved highways that are butter smooth on every other vehicle, but mine's always jittering around.

Riley

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
Subscribing...

I have a 2022 Max Stealth Performance, and it's vibrated 75 mph+ right from day 1. I've had more tire balances than I can count and three different sets of wheels and tires (two aftermarket winter tires/wheel sets and the stock 22" grabbers) with no improvement. The dealer just always says the usual. They can't test over the speed limit (which is 60mph all around the dealer) and they can't feel the issue.

It has CCD and does ride rough. I would call it "jittery" - like it's overdamped. The smallest road imperfection causes the vehicle to start jittering. I've been down freshly-paved highways that are butter smooth on every other vehicle, but mine's always jittering around.

Riley
@Skud jittery is the word! My two week old 24 Max Limited (no CCD) has been nothing but jittery with some pulling to the left since day one but at any speed over 30mph+...balanced and RFB with no improvement. Better on newly paved roads and awful on any road that isn't perfect - kids in 2nd row booster seats think I paid extra for massaging chairs due to the vibration...I'm somewhat glad to hear yours is the same even with CCD - I started to think I should have made sure I got one with CCD but sounds like it would not have made a difference.