2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VibrationSucks

Reaction score
Purchased my limited max July 20,2024. Noticed some vibration at 35mph. But had not driven on interstate. Second day drive on interstate and the vibration was unbearable over 50mph. Been in shop 4 times for the issue and they've had it the last 46 days. Got an email my buyback was approved.

Sad to see reports of these vibration issues widespread since 2017 and it's still happening. Love the vehicle other than the nasty vibrations. Never had a vehicle do this and upsetting on such an expensive vehicle.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did any of these recent cases get the tire and wheel road force balanced?
I had the stock General Grabbers road forced balanced the first time with a little improvement. The second time, they determined one tire was bad. They would replaced for free. The dealer gave me $400 towards a set of my choice. I spent days going back and forth on Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2's and Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3. Chose the Pirelli's and now there no vibration all the way to 85mph. Haven't had it past 85 yet. The Pirelli's are way smoother and quieter than the General Grabbers were!

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
Ford balanced my OEM Grabbers, RFB'd them, replaced with new Grabbers, replaced with Michelins and no improvement. The problem is not the tires, as many on this thread have previously said - its just the easiest thing for dealers to blame the vibration on. Mine also pulls to the left despite the alignment purportedly being "fine"

VibrationSucks

Reaction score
Yes, that was the first try. Road Force and balanced 4 times I believe. (thinking it was a technician issue)
Then they replaced the 3 issue tires.
Then they swapped the tires and rims from another new vehicle.
I informed of what I read in the forums about drive shafts, transaxles, etc.
They then tried rebalancing again.
I contacted Ford since they informed they had 12 other expeditions with the same issue between their other dealerships and they do not have a fix.
Brought it back and since they have replaced driveshaft, front axles and now awaiting rear axles according to service advisor. That was the recommendation from Ford Engineer assisting dealership. They have had the vehicle since August 7th.