2025 Expedition details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the new dash.

My main complaints are the split lift gate and the climate controls being on the screen. Every manufacturer (including Ford) has came out with a pro access type tailgate on their trucks to eliminate having to reach across the tailgate. Why add that to the Expedition? So things don’t roll out on the rare occasion you’re parked on a slope? Rather not put extra wear and tear on my back when loading and unloading heavy items.

I’m a big fan of moving the gauge cluster above the steering wheel. Never been a fan of having to look through the steering wheel, especially with the digital dashes. On my work truck I have to duck down to see information that the steering wheel cuts off like the high beam indicator.

The split tailgate gate doesn't add anything to the liftover height of the current expy.

Decline

Reaction score
The split tailgate gate doesn't add anything to the liftover height of the current expy.
Still have to reach across it versus standing right up to the bumper. In the promo video for the new Navigator the woman in the video has to strain to reach across it.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is true. There pluses and minuses too it. Well have to wait and see, but that's one of the things I'm actually excited for. For my wife and is needs, the split tailgate is actually a bonus.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My main gripe is with the Timberline/Tremor. I hope it's available in MAX (extended wheelbase) version. GMC Denali makes their AT4 available with two different V8 engine options, and extended wheelbase. Not sure why the Tremor/Timberline are limited to the standard wheelbase, but with four kids, we need trunk behind third row.

Aside from engine options, GMC offers Brembo and exhaust OEM upgrades. No such options from Ford.

Unless the specs/options for the upcoming Tremor differ from current model year, we may have to jump ship as well.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My main gripe is with the Timberline/Tremor. I hope it's available in MAX (extended wheelbase) version. GMC Denali makes their AT4 available with two different V8 engine options, and extended wheelbase. Not sure why the Tremor/Timberline are limited to the standard wheelbase, but with four kids, we need trunk behind third row.

Aside from engine options, GMC offers Brembo and exhaust OEM upgrades. No such options from Ford.

Unless the specs/options for the upcoming Tremor differ from current model year, we may have to jump ship as well.

Also, you can retrofit the brakes from the PPV into your Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon for less than half the cost of the Brembo kit that GM offers as an option.

The only different with the calipers is that the PPV brake calipers are bridged so you won't be able to remove the brake pads without removing the caliper. That's fine in my opinion because this is not a track vehicle where you are swapping brake pads very frequently.

grwilson

Reaction score
That is true. There pluses and minuses too it. Well have to wait and see, but that's one of the things I'm actually excited for. For my wife and is needs, the split tailgate is actually a bonus.
The split might give us better access when our travel trailer is hitched up, if it clear the tongue jack on the trailer .. Now it’s difficult to get stuff in and out through the window - especially the dogs!

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The split might give us better access when our travel trailer is hitched up, if it clear the tongue jack on the trailer .. Now it’s difficult to get stuff in and out through the window - especially the dogs!

I'm with you. We often have a trailer, or a hitch tray installed with a big YETI cooler. With that in place, I can never open the liftgate. In-laws have a BMW X5, and the split gate is just a smarter option.