2025 Expedition details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmsnj83

Reaction score
I have a 23 timberline. There are certainly things that could have been improved in a refresh. Cleaner and higher quality interior materials would have been welcomed. Personally I’d love a traditional shifter. There is no benefit to the knob in the current gen.

was looking forward to the 25 refresh but I’m feeling let down. The center dash looks like something from an electric city commuter car. The gear shift is in a more space saving but awkward position. And the rest of the dash is wasted. The current gen at least has plenty of storage options.

I have had a recent suburban rental on a vacation. The GM shift controls were even more asinine. But it was definitely a comfortable ride with reasonable power. The Chevy 25 refresh looks good inside although GMC seems to have copied Ford’s overly large iPad screen concept for the Yukons which is less attractive to me. Edited to add. The exterior of the GM models is improved.

Lastly as much as I like the idea of a tremor package, this new one looks like an oversized Honda pilot trailsport. The timberline to me looks more rugged. Though I think the navigator looks better with this refresh and the larger curved display looks better done even if I’m not sure it’s needed.

Maybe they’ll look better in person.

rvmode

Reaction score
I have a 23 timberline. There are certainly things that could have been improved in a refresh. Cleaner and higher quality interior materials would have been welcomed. Personally I’d love a traditional shifter. There is no benefit to the knob in the current gen.

was looking forward to the 25 refresh but I’m feeling let down. The center dash looks like something from an electric city commuter car. The gear shift is in a more space saving but awkward position. And the rest of the dash is wasted. The current gen at least has plenty of storage options.

I have had a recent suburban rental on a vacation. The GM shift controls were even more asinine. But it was definitely a comfortable ride with reasonable power. The Chevy 25 refresh looks good inside although GMC seems to have copied Ford’s overly large iPad screen concept for the Yukons which is less attractive to me. Edited to add. The exterior of the GM models is improved.

Lastly as much as I like the idea of a tremor package, this new one looks like an oversized Honda pilot trailsport. The timberline to me looks more rugged. Though I think the navigator looks better with this refresh and the larger curved display looks better done even if I’m not sure it’s needed.

Maybe they’ll look better in person.
I have a hunch the Expedition Tremor trim will not come with the 440/510 H.O. Ecoboost standard or available at all. Could be proto-type stuff but that muffler isnt the dual pipe muffler.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
2 bad gm doesn't offer adjustable pedals or softer seats

the new 24 GM seats are much nicer then they used to be, ive sat in a 25 yukon ultimate that is pre release and the seats were great. my fathers 24 sierra denali ultimate has nice seats as well.
So far, I'm not a fan of this 2025 design , but maybe its going to grow on me? Maybe its just the tremor trim thats turning me off

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the new 24 GM seats are much nicer then they used to be, ive sat in a 25 yukon ultimate that is pre release and the seats were great. my fathers 24 sierra denali ultimate has nice seats as well.
So far, I'm not a fan of this 2025 design , but maybe its going to grow on me? Maybe its just the tremor trim thats turning me off
The interior/dash for the 25 Expedition is horrible. I hate the "stuck on" screens and no true instrument gauges directly in front of the steering wheel. 25 Tahoe is very nice.

cooldude919

Reaction score
Whats everyone's thought on the lack of hybrid announcement for the navigator? That would seem to lean towards the expy not having a hybrid either? Even though that was in the prior union renewal announcement, plus ford's recent announcement about dropping some future EV's and leaning towards hybrid's further. We thinking it will push to 2026?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it would've been better to sell at launch since it seems they didn't modernize the tech enough to it's competitors, but if they push it, it better be rock solid with minimal drive and mechanical issues.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tx state fair/auto show is scheduled for Sept 27, I wouldny be surprised if that's when the expy gets unveiled for the first time.