2025 Expedition details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad they did something about the rear hatch. Drives me crazy having to open the glass first to make sure nothing fails out when the hatch is opened. But I feel as though a raised edge would have been sufficient.

I wonder why no hybrid, or if that's coming later.

Twenty-four inch wheels are nuts. The GM EV trucks have them as well. Pricey tires, I'm sure. So much inertia and no LT tires.

I wish you could get upgraded 2nd row seats with a bench. I actually use most of my seats frequently. They can't put a plain seat in the center and contour the two side seats?

The screen seems odd...it appears to be contoured with the vertex off center from the driver. That would drive me nuts.

bryan8252

Reaction score
In 8 years this may be one of those posts that makes me a hippocrite but that pillar to pillar screen is hideous, and looks like it will be a constant distraction. Huge pass for me on any vehicle that has that.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. The odds of the Expy having a hybrid just dramatically dropped. Oh well. I suppose that move just saved me a bunch of money.
F-150s get a hybrid since 2021. Expys get no love. Booo.

kyjd75

Reaction score
Have to say that I am at the point of considering an Expedition or Navigator (in addition to several others) to replace my beloved 2014 Durango R/T. But . . . I find little about the 2025 that I prefer over the previous model. And they have eliminated the "base" model which means the Navigator starts at very close to $100,000 and only goes up from there. I don't think so. I am a Ford shareholder but I don't see how having Navigators only in the $100,000+ price range is a good idea.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like the 25 nav dash. It is the same the 24 navigator dash my wife has. I really like it.

I feel better about the split rear hatch after seeing those pictures and video. I thought it would have been a 50/50 split but it is like 75/25.

I like some of the storage areas in the nav. Hopefully the expy has something similar.

Those 24" wheels are fugly. I hear the wheel weighs about 100 lbs.

interested on what the 25 platinum looks like. If it is similar, i gonna get one.

Hybrid would have been nice.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. The odds of the Expy having a hybrid just dramatically dropped. Oh well. I suppose that move just saved me a bunch of money.
F-150s get a hybrid since 2021. Expys get no love. Booo.

It's possible Ford is holding something back. They've done that before, like putting TFL on the naughty list for showing the crawler gear in the Bronco. They just added a Hybrid AWD option to the Maverick, which was not an option upon initial release. So it's possible the hybrid powertrain will be offered later.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like the 25 nav dash. It is the same the 24 navigator dash my wife has. I really like it.

I feel better about the split rear hatch after seeing those pictures and video. I thought it would have been a 50/50 split but it is like 75/25.

I like some of the storage areas in the nav. Hopefully the expy has something similar.

Those 24" wheels are fugly. I hear the wheel weighs about 100 lbs.

interested on what the 25 platinum looks like. If it is similar, i gonna get one.

Hybrid would have been nice.

It doesn't have enough LCDs. I think it needs a few more so that I can look at those screens instead of the road while I'm driving.

What's the point of a wheel larger than 20"? How many brake rotors/calipers need more than a 20" wheel in order to clear?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad they did something about the rear hatch. Drives me crazy having to open the glass first to make sure nothing fails out when the hatch is opened. But I feel as though a raised edge would have been sufficient.

I wonder why no hybrid, or if that's coming later.

Twenty-four inch wheels are nuts. The GM EV trucks have them as well. Pricey tires, I'm sure. So much inertia and no LT tires.

I wish you could get upgraded 2nd row seats with a bench. I actually use most of my seats frequently. They can't put a plain seat in the center and contour the two side seats?

The screen seems odd...it appears to be contoured with the vertex off center from the driver. That would drive me nuts.

I thought the self-unloading rear hatch was a Ford and Lincoln exclusive feature?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the point of a wheel larger than 20"? How many brake rotors/calipers need more than a 20" wheel in order to clear?
Appearance and marketing comparisons. For most products, it's easy much easier for consumers to compare different products and say this is bigger, therefore it's better. It's difficult to quantify braking, turning, etc., especially with the variables from tires. It's definitely not for function. All that inertia is bad for acceleration, braking, and handling.