Aweful AM/FM radio signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrKessler

Reaction score
In the past few months my factory unit on my 15 expedition can only tune in our one local radio station. Used to get a lot more out of town stations just fine. I haven't touched anything with the head unit, but i do vent the rear side windows where the antenna resides quite often. I'm wondering if it got disconnected from the glass. I see a wire in the tracking back there, but nothing was loose that i could feel. Where exactly does it connect to the glass, and how would i go about fixing this? Lately my diy'ing has turned into diWhy, so i'm hesitant to just start ripping out the rear interior.

OP
OP
D

DrKessler

Reaction score
bumping this. I've not been able to find much online about replacing the antenna wire.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yours being a 2015 it may not be similar to my 2004, but maybe. The window mounted antennas are at best not very good. The best reception of all the vehicles in my family is the 2000 Ranger, it has a real antenna.

Anyway, the antenna in my 2004 Expedition runs down the passenger side under the scuff plate trim and then up the C pillar. The antenna is also 2 pieces.
1721867392085.png

1721866749681.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrMojorisin