Rattling Noise in front - 2019 Ford Expedition Max Platnium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshlacelle

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my first post to this forum and have a few questions and issues with my certified pre-owned 2019 Ford Expedition Max Platinum I purchased from a Ford dealer last year. Short back story: we purchased this last year in March with 60k miles on it. Shortly after we purchased it the transmission was having issues shifting. We took it back to the dealer 4x before it was actually fixed to some degree. Still doesn’t shift 100% IMO. They replaced the whole computer system, catalytic converter, and a few other parts since we got it. We just got the vehicle back two days ago and now there is a rattle in the front end of vehicle (see link to videos). The noise was first noticed yesterday at idle. It is sometimes hard to replicate as it doesn’t happen all the times. Revving engine can make a slight rattle. It has happened three times since at idle and once while driving the vehicle. What does it sound like? Is Ford really this garbage or was I ripped off by this dealer by a vehicle they knew had known issues they just pawned off.

Link to videos:

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like total sh*t! I was gonna say heat shield until I listened to the videos. I almost think it sounds like some sort of lower engine noise?? I’m going on transmission #2 on my 2019 with 56k miles right now and I’m as displeased as you are. Take it back to the dealer and let us know what they say!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m thinking wastegate is a real possibility here. Heat shield is good guess. Go under it with a great big screw driver and push on exhaust stuff until you find it.

If that were a bottom end issue, you’ll know it pretty quick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGExpedition