2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LukeWes

Reaction score
I have driven at least 2 additioanl limited's since then and they all had the vibration.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the General Grabbers in the 22" that's the issue. I'm torn right now between the Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 and Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's. Read good things about both.

kyjd75

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the General Grabbers in the 22" that's the issue. I'm torn right now between the Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 and Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3's. Read good things about both.
I can definitely recommend the Michelins. I run them on my Durango R/T and it is smooth as silk all the way to the governor limited top speed (121 mph). I can cruise at 85 mph all day long with no vibration at all.

Ugh_J

Reaction score
I tend to agree. 22"/24" wheels definitely increase the feedback of any tire issues. I ran LTX M/S 18" on my F-150 and those tires/wheels are now on my parents' 2022 Expedition Platinum, and it definitely tamed the ride on it versus the donk 22" wheels it came with from the factory. I've had Pirelli Scorpions on an F-150 several years ago and I would never recommend those to anyone. Extremely harsh. Maybe if you're actually going offroading in it, but my experience was pretty terrible road manners.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
Before I go the route of paying for new tires, I am having the dealership try and road force balance all of the tires again. 2 weeks ago, the front two were off and they redid them. It was better but, I still was feeling a little vibration in the steering wheel. For an $80k vehicle, I don't think it should feel like this.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the dealer and drove a Limited Max with the same 22" General Grabbers, and I felt the same thing on that. Then I tried an XLT Max with the 20" Hankook Dynapro's and again, felt the same little shimmy in the steering wheel. Now I am wondering if I am crazy or just being overly nit-picky at this point. They were also going to look into the driveline and see if they could see anything that might stand out. I don't remember our '19 Stealth or '23 Explorer ST doing this. My '21 F150 XLT steering wheel doesn't move at all going down the same stretch of road. According to my Ford Pass, the right front must be dismounted at this time as I got a warning on it and it shows 0psi at the moment. Maybe if I have them exploring more, they might be able to get Ford to replace the tires?

Getting a little frustrated at this point and almost wish I had the ST back, but that sold in 2 days after trading it in. Maybe a new F150 Platinum for the wife instead, lol! I will say my dealership has been great to work with so far!

Update: They determined the right front tire is bad, they dismounted and tried to rotate it on the wheel to see if things got better, they balanced it the best they could and the vibration is still in the steering wheel. They then swapped the right front with right rear and the vibration in the steering wheel is now gone, but felt in the seat. Dealer will warranty the tire and order a new one, or give me $400 toward a new set of my choice. I will let them know in the morning which way I will go, but leaning hard towards the Defenders at this moment!

Bonus, I was also able to take a 2024 Dark Horse w/6 speed for a test drive! That was fun!

Last edited:

joe vanweelden

Reaction score
My vehicle doesn't have this problem. The tires are Hankook Dynapro ATM
I just bout a 2024 exposition with same problem. They have changed tires three times and it now has Michelin’s and still has a vibration at 70+ miles an hour. What did they do to fix your problem?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bout a 2024 exposition with same problem. They have changed tires three times and it now has Michelin’s and still has a vibration at 70+ miles an hour. What did they do to fix your problem?

No one does anything to my 2024 expedition xlt with 20' wheels. It just has no vibration issue.

RazrM5

Reaction score
There is a very fine vibration in my vehicle after 73 mph after putting Michelin Defenders on. It’s livable but still unacceptable to me. I’m going to bring the vehicle to an independent mechanic to inspect the driveshaft. I will literally ask him to lift a vehicle and observe and test for vibration in the driveshaft or the brake calipers. Some of the feedback received has been that this is an ‘unfortunate circumstance’ due to the IRS and or CCD on this particular model of Expedition (‘24 Stealth).

ib_jigged

Reaction score
RazrM5, keep us posted as to what you find!

I am ordering the Defenders this morning. Hoping that cures the vibration in ours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGExpedition