Bought a 2003 87k miles at auction site unseen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

konny

Reaction score
Ok. So now it's home I got up on a stepladder and I hear a hissing. I stuck my finger behind the engine and I feel a hole. It's the pic valve. There is no hose attached to it. I stuck my finger over the hole on the valve and all the bad idling stopped immediate. I see way behind the valve that there looks to be a hose that's not connected to anything. I'm trying to find a way to fish it out but it's tight. I can't seem to find a diagram on where the other end of the hose should be. Any help would be rad.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The A/C could be low refrigerant, blocked condenser, low air flow from the engine cooling fan(not likely unless the clutch is faulty).

I suspect the hole you feel is for the PCV hose in the center back of the intake manifold. If so I suggest you replace the entire assembly as many of us here have.

This is a diagram of the PCV hose routing from the back right of the engine:
1725651253049.png

Having a large vacuum leak like that you sucked in unfiltered air for 55 miles of driving and this would also impact braking. A faulty booster, however, will usually result in low brake pressure. Meaning you have to push much hard to get the brakes to work. Since you don't know the last time the brakes were bled and the fluid flushed I'd do that if the fluid is dark. If it's not dark try just bleeding them.

Attachments

• 1725650633149.png
    1725650633149.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
K

konny

Reaction score
*****. One $10 elbow and idle problem, brake problem/ a/c problem all went away in a second. Whtbronco, thank you for all the time you gave me. It's so cool that you helped out a stranger for no other reason than to help. I will follow up and replace the other piece as well. Haha. One lil elbow. Anyways. Now I've got a 2003 with 87k miles ready to roll

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960