Dealer and Synch 4 update for my 2023…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im bringing this thread back up to see you else has still not gotten the 4A software update for a 2023. Others started getting it seven months ago and I still have not.

Ive tried all the different “tricks” Ive read to get it to come though with no success. I have taken it to the dealer and they told me they can’t help because my VIN does not show not show an update. I have called Ford Customer service twice to no avail.

I also want to remind for those of you who have not seen my prior posts, our has real glitches on a regular basis. I wont go into them all here, but lets just say it is irritating as heck.

Im looking to see if others are having the same problem.
I was having the same problem, no updates since I bought my 23 last year, my dealer has mobile service and I scheduled a technician to come to my house, as suspected my expo was several patches behind and the tech loaded me up, everything is working like it should, I was having problems with my expo disconnecting from home wifi, so I suspect that was the reason for no updates, that problem is fixed now, expo staying connected when and come and go. I park expo in garage and cell updates won't work due to metal rool and stuccu siding, no cell signals come thru so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine will update via wifi now. One thing that wasn't fixed was the mini gauges, I want tranmission temp vs boost, I can change it to tran temp but after key cycle it reverts back to boost, I've called it into Ford, if anybody else is having this problem call Ford Customer Service and complain, ie if one person calls I doubt if they will fix it, but if a 100 people are calling perhaps they will. Hope this helps.

Flathead40

Reaction score
@Robert Bushnell Did they mention what modules they updated to resolve the WiFi disconnect issue? I have the same issue and am curious if resolving this will allow the Sync update to come through.

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was having the same problem, no updates since I bought my 23 last year, my dealer has mobile service and I scheduled a technician to come to my house, as suspected my expo was several patches behind and the tech loaded me up, everything is working like it should, I was having problems with my expo disconnecting from home wifi, so I suspect that was the reason for no updates, that problem is fixed now, expo staying connected when and come and go. I park expo in garage and cell updates won't work due to metal rool and stuccu siding, no cell signals come thru so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine will update via wifi now. One thing that wasn't fixed was the mini gauges, I want tranmission temp vs boost, I can change it to tran temp but after key cycle it reverts back to boost, I've called it into Ford, if anybody else is having this problem call Ford Customer Service and complain, ie if one person calls I doubt if they will fix it, but if a 100 people are calling perhaps they will. Hope this helps.
Thank you!

GregTu

Reaction score
After 345 days I noticed new icons on the top of our 2024 Platinum Expedition today!!! Checked the software updates settings and we have 6.14.0. Having dinner so I haven’t tested anything, but I’m hoping this means we have BlueCruise 1.2!

GregTu

Reaction score
After 345 days I noticed new icons on the top of our 2024 Platinum Expedition today!!! Checked the software updates settings and we have 6.14.0. Having dinner so I haven’t tested anything, but I’m hoping this means we have BlueCruise 1.2!
OK, here is the update message (No BlueCruise update :mad:):

Software Update 6.14.0

Your vehicle has been updated with following:

Enhancements to Digital Infotainment

We've listened to your feedback and we're making changes to your SYNC system so that it's simpler and easier to use on the go. Please continue to send your feedback and we will continue to work on improvements. Changes we've made in this update:

• Replaced the in-camera view pop-up with buttons to enable you to modify the camera view easily.
  • Combined the USB and Bluetooth Media sources into a single app for easy access.
  • Added new Onboard Scales, Zone Lighting, and Smart Hitch apps for eligible vehicles.
  • Moved the Sketch app into the "Entertainment" page so it's easier to find.
  • Updated the icons on the top bar to make them easier to see.
  • Added a phone battery icon on phone app screens.
  • Enhanced the layout on the seat controls screen for enhanced functionality.
Trailer Blind Spot
  • If the Trailer Blind Spot feature is avallable and a trailer is connected, you'll now see a more descriptive message as well as more options to choose from.

Software updates are designed to help make your vehicle better over time.