Follow up to my initial USB port questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I attempted to update my maps in my 2017 Expedition. Always successful in the past but this time an error message. Contacted Ford Support and they said I needed to update my Sync 3 and it too on trying to update came up with an error message. After several more 'Support' assistance contacts and we got the 'error' message to stop coming up... But that's today.

What is baffling is the ports work with a 'cable' connected to a phone and I can utilize Android Auto and everything with it works fine. But if I put a flash drive in the vehicle's port it does not recognize it. I tried another it neither was recognized. Also the 'Voice' ability to ask the Navigation to find something does not work either. 'Voice' works other things but not with Navigation.

I did mention this with the Ford 'Support' but got no real response. I willing to leave well enough alone but......

Has anyone had this problem or similar???????????