Hankook tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddysales001

Reaction score
Interesting thread. Not sure how there can be such diverse comments. In my case I have a 2019 with Hankooks with 70000 miles, never had a problem. They all wear evenly and now I’m about to buy my first set of replacement tires. Never had traction issues and as far as nails any tire will get a nail if you run over them

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you continue to drive in places where there are nails on/in the roads, then it won't matter what brand of tire you get....

I've had cheap, no-name tires & I've had top-tier Michelin's, Goodyear's, Kook's & Pirelli's and they are all the same in this regard...

Granted, some super thick-tread, heavy-duty off road tires might be able to survive picking up a nail here & there for a while, but even then they will eventually fail too.

But other than the above, nails + tires = no workie, period, no if's, and's or butt's......

As for ride quality, noise & durability, well that's another subject altogether, but generally: "cheap is as cheap does"

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 60K out of my Hankooks. No real complaints and I probably could have gone another 5,000 miles or more, but they were getting thin, and I plan to do some travelling this summer and wanted good tires. They wore very even and were rotated with every oil change.

Bought Michelin Defender LTX M/S2's. So far, these tires are really nice. Quiet, good ride.

As others have said....nails are going to be an issues no matter what brand, unless you find the smart nails that do look for certain brands of tires.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced mine when they were five years old. Still had plenty of tread left but I went with the Continental Terrain Contacts load range XL. So far no complaints