Just curious about dealer experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMTPJ

Reaction score
So I bought my 2011 expy a few days ago from a dealer. Service was freaking amazing. During the whole negotiation process, they convinced me that they were "slow" and so they gave me a "deal" on the whole interior and exterior treatments stuff. Always wondered if that stuff was more snake oil than anything, but the price was right. As part of that process, I got them to throw in for free the DVD system in the Expy.

I was watching the guy key up the transactions, and saw what they were originally listing the treatment for, and the cost for the DVD system. Holy crap that stuff is expensive!!!

Anywho... I was very impressed, and I think that I was taken care of really well. I hope to have this one for a long long time, but when it is time to upgrade, I intend on checking with this dealer again.

Just wondering if anyone else had really good (or really bad) experiences from their dealer. This is my first Ford, and the service was a million times better than the Chevy dealer I used for my Suburban.

EMTPJ

cleaningman94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow that does sound great. My brothers dealer sucks they didnt tell him because he ordered the truck but scrapes all over the front bumper. They just put some touchup paint on it. And they put regular grade gas in when it says in he manual atleast midgrade.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually I hear or bad experiences... I am glad it went well for you. I don't know too much personally about it. The time I have gone to Dealerships was for recall and the wait was ridiculous. I thought it was done then I get a letter that they need to do the same recall saying it was not done. I found it odd. I get there and tell them it's been done and the man says they just checked it last time. This annoyed me! So I wait for another 2 hours it seems... Then they didn't even get the recall done saying they need to order a part and would call me back.... I never heard back from them. I didn't understand why they wanted me to bring it in to get the recall done when they didn't even have the part? Also why have me waiting for so long if they weren't going to be able to get it done? Last time I plan to go to dealership!

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my sister bought my expedition from a ford dealer, they told her it was fine, about 2 months later it started making noise, they told her it needed a new rear differential, SO i traded my grand Prix to her for it cause she didn't want to mess with it. I had my mechanic buddy look at it, he said diff was fine, He changed fluid, and its been fine ever since. I find most service departments to be totally retarded, and avoid them like the plague.

On the flip side when I bought my grand Prix like a week later the display on the radio took a crap, so I worked out a deal that the dealership pay 1/2 for a new aftermarket deck, I think they paid like $110, but probably cheaper than ordering a new radio, programming it, and installing it. on that one you couldnt change the bulbs

FormerStangFan

Reaction score
I've bought more vehicles from dealerships than I care to admit. 5 of them being from a good friend at a local Chevy dealership. I've had some good and some real bad experiences. When the economy was in an uproar my good friend would give me killer deals. In 05 I bought a brand new Chevy 1500 pick up out the door for $20k which at the time with having no rebate on that model year were going for around $32 out here in California. The owner of that dealership, who I had known for quiet some time threw that family friend wasn't even happy I got such a deal. Before I bought my expy back in December that same friend wouldn't help me out an ounce on a new Tahoe and I walked away. Being a good friend he even told me straight up car salesmen are basically con artists geared at getting the most they can from those that don't understand the process. The deal you get really depends on how that dealership is doing at any particular time and how well on top of your knowledge you are. The economic climate has also been playing a huge role in the ability to negotiate both on the buyer and seller. It sounds like you really got a killer deal in any case. When it comes to buying cars I really wish I didn't live in California. Guys inthe east coast seem to be getting so much more for so much less

OP
OP
E

EMTPJ

Reaction score
I have historically had average experiences at the dealerships as well. But I do think that I was taken care of this time. Maybe the Karma Gods were happy with me? I had to take the Expy in yesterday to get the Entertainment system installed, and to get the various sealants done. Dealership gave me a loaner car for the day, (no paperwork hassle to go through) called a couple times to let me know the progress, and had it waiting for me when I arrived to pick it up. No fuss, no muss.

I'm feeling fortunate that my experiences so far have been excellant. :)