New to the Forum... Or any forum actually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcamillejr79

Reaction score
Good morning all.

Im new to being on a forum so bare with me.... Typically i do my research on Youtube University, lol.

I have a 2021 Expidition Platinum about 50k miles that we purchased late Dec of 2023, so we've only had it for 8months. Recently (within the past few weeks) we've been having minor electrical issues. Such as but not limited to our clock resets to military time on it's own, running boards won't remember to stay on auto, at times it acts like it struggling to start, at times seats don't retain individual memory, my wife says she notices when she tries to start it with the door open it hesitates to start. Its almost as if its a bad battery or an electrical short of some kind. I do not have a check engine light on, nor is the battery light on, there are no recalls of any kind. Has anyone had any similiar experience?

OP
OP
J

jcamillejr79

Reaction score
If This isn't devine intervention i don't know what is.... Literally 30min after sending my inital inquery to you folks i get an email from Ford saying that there is a Battery Junction Box Recall that may cause electrical issues...... Hopefully my issues are related to this recall and it will get fix under that.

Ugh_J

Reaction score
I was having a few of the issues you describe. Running boards partially deploying, certain chimes not playing properly. Never had any codes or idiot lights on. In my case it was the battery going bad and not being able to stay above 65% state of charge even after time on a trickle charger. Assuming you're parked in a garage, pop the hood and leave it overnight. Next morning, measure the battery voltage. A good battery should easily be over 12.6-12.8V after sitting overnight. If it's low, you can try putting it on a trickle charger overnight and see if it behaves the next day. There is also a very cheap option for monitoring your battery that will also tell you whether the starting voltage dips lower than it should. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT4583U/

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Also take a look at your battery cables & the connectors for any corrosion, rust, or dirt/dust build up....clean/repair/replace as needed & see if it helps any :)

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my running boards occasionally don't open (or close) until I cycle the door a second time, its generally cuz grit and stuff has gotten into the mechanism, spraying them down with a garden hose seems to help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfbritt3