Repeated A/C issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpaceCadetVA

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Max with 61000 miles. The A/C has failed 4 times since October 2023. First they just recharged it. In April 2024 when it failed again they took it apart, sent photos to Ford and replaced the evaporator core. Failed again in June 2024, this time they said it was the schrader valves. It failed again in July 2024 after just three weeks. They have it back in the shop and are supposedly going to contact Ford Engineering. I love the truck but can’t live with no A/C. I posted in a different forum and the only folks with similar issues all had 2018-2021 vehicles. Is there just an A/C design flaw? Ford won’t buy it back because it is outside the 18-month lemon law in my state. Basically Ford said sorry, not our problem. I am just trying to find a path forward that includes A/C that is reliable.

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would take it to an independent shop that directly specializes in Vehicle A/C Systems. It sounds like the dealer is just taking your money and not properly diagnosing the real problem....

RocketJump

Reaction score
My 2018 also has had repeated expensive A/C problems, the first time with the evaporator and the second time with the compressor, both of which were leaking and needed replacement. Dealership quoted $3500 each time, I escalated both times and got my cost reduced to $800 each time. Still it cost me overall $1600 to keep the a/c working in a 30K-50K mile car, ridiculous. Other makes recall these kinds of parts issues and cover all costs whether under warranty or not, as I've experienced first-hand.